Chapter fourteen

I woke up a few months later once again with Charles not there and I didn't see anything out of order. Everything looked like i left it when I went to bed so I just figured Charles didn't come back today either which honestly I didn't even care I was gonna focus on having a good day with Kelly and some other girls on the grid this day and not focus on Charles. After checking my phone I messaged Daniel and asked if I could have breakfast with him and Heidi which id had quite a few times these past months. He said I could when I told him Charles still wasn't back and I didn't wanna eat breakfast alone. When I got out of the door I got a message from Charles saying ' sorry I didn't come back I'll meet you at the cocktail party later today bye ' great I thought to myself as if this day couldn't get worse. I just got more annoyed every time he wasn't honest with me it wasn't like I cared if he cheated it was all arranged anyways, I knew he might've met someone before he got into this mess but he could at least be honest with me about it like a normal husband. Not that we were the normal type of husband and wife but I think Daniel and Heidi saw the annoyed look in my face cause they asked me what was wrong when I came to the breakfast hall where I was supposed to meet them.

' it's the usual Charles what else ' I said even more annoyed.

' well maybe he has a good explanation for all of this just hear him out at the cocktail party later today cause he's coming right? ' Heidi said as we made our way to get some breakfast.

' your right and yeah he's coming he just texted me before I went down here '

While I was sitting with Daniel and Heidi eating I was thinking about weather I should confront Charles in front of everyone of what I'd seen on his phone and his weird behavior or not. I just thought it could be the best if I would confront him there but at the same time not cause there was gonna be people around. But honestly I kind of didn't care anymore I was tired of all the lying and just wanted the truth from him for once. Was that too much to ask for I asked myself was it really too much to ask for that he was just gonna be honest with me for once. I didn't care if he cheated if he met the girl before this mess I would've supported it. If it was secret of course so I wouldn't get dragged in the press about it. Right there I felt someone grab my shoulders whilst I was in my own world thinking. I turned around to see Lewis smiling at me and I smiled back as we hugged each other.

' how you all feeling ' Lewis asked us all while sitting down on the chair next to me.

' well like usual so not the best ' I said laughing a bit as he was stealing my food.

' sorry I'm hungry and your breakfast looked so good '

' take as much as you want I'm starting to get full here '

' well I can't I have to run I am going to meet my sister before going to the cocktail party, talking about the party btw are you all going? ' Lewis asked me while still eating of my food.

' yeah we're all coming '

After we talked some more all of us four Lewis excused himself to go and meet his sister and I went with Heidi to meet up the other girls to have something else to think about.

Time skip to the cocktail party

After having a wonderful evening with Kelly, Isa, Heidi, Luisa and Carmen we got to the cocktail party and I immediately started searching for Charles so I could just be done with the confrontation. I found it all weird cause the first 20 minutes I didn't see Charles anywhere until I saw him arriving with a brunette haired girl who almost as fast as they got there made her way to greet other people while Charles was still standing there smiling at what she'd said before she left until he saw me standing there looking at him. All I saw was a look of horror when he saw that had seen it all and then he came up to me and started making excuses. I paused him before he talked my ears off and said

' listen I don't care okay I've known for days, I saw the texts Charles, it was obvious because you weren't with anyone on the grid yesterday I checked with everyone '

For one moment he looked like he felt guilty and then proceeded to say ' I'm so sorry i will not do it again '

' no no it's okay if she makes you happy that's it but how long have you two been on the talking stage? ' I paused him with

' well we started a few months before we got married and I am in love with her.. I am so sorry Quinn I really am ' he said looking at the floor.

' No don't be sorry it's okay Charles it's an arrangement anyway I don't blame you but I only got pissed because you lied to me and disappeared from nowhere and I couldn't reach you, no one knew where you were, I will accept y'all seeing each other if your a secret and don't tell anyone but your honest with me when your going to see her and you don't lie to me anymore ' I said smiling trying to be happy for him.

' okay I promise thank you Quinn! ' he said as he hugged me awkwardly.

' go and greet people now, some people have been looking for you ' i said as I punched his arm lightly.

He laughed and walked away and I couldn't help but feel sad not because he was in love with someone else but simply because everyone had a ' the one ' except for me. Not gonna lie I wished I had a ' the one ' cause sometimes it felt lonely feeling so alone and being on your own. But I didn't really think more about it and went to mingle with other people instead.