Chapter fiftyfive

A year later..

' will you Charles Marc Herve Perceval Leclerc take Quinn Sophia Leclerc to be your wife again? ' the pastor asked.

Charles looked at me and smiled ' yes I will '

' will you Quinn Sophia Leclerc take Charles Marc Herve Perceval Leclerc to be your husband, again? '

' yes I will '

' I now pronouns you two to be married once again! Charles you can now kiss the bride '

Charles smiled at me as he leaned in to kiss me and I kissed him back. This time happily.

I hadn't invited my family because of obvious reasons, we still weren't on good terms. We actually hadn't been for a while but it was okay. As much as I wished they were there it didn't really matter because I had my two daughters there, my friends and Charles family there who felt like my own family.

Everything is going to be great.

— — — —

I was walking the paddock with Liv and my second daughter Sophia who was a few months at this point. They'd both been present at the wedding, they'd been with Pascale while and Charles was on our honeymoon, a real one this time and now me and my little girls are here supporting Charles. Who's about to become a world champion for the first time.

' daddy! ' Liv ran up to Charles hugging him.

His whole face lit up ' my little girl '

He spun Liv around and I waited for them to finish before going up to him and kissing him with Sophia still in the stroller.

' is Soph sleeping?? ' he asked.

I nodded ' yep, she got tired after playing with Joris ' I chuckled.

He smiled as Liv pulled him towards another place and I just let her go with Charles while I went to wish Max good luck. It was him or Charles who would win the world championship. Whoever won this race, which was actually scary because I wanted Charles to win because it was one of his dreams but Max was also my friend so I would be happy for him if he won too. Sad because Charles would loose if he won but happy for him. Although I was definitely team Charles just like our daughters were.

After a good thirty minutes I saw Liv jumping towards us with Joris accompanying her, I smiled as she sat down and I gave her my chocolate I had in my bag and she sat eating it while we watched the race.

Pascale, Joris, Lorenzo, Arthur, Carla and Charlotte were here accompanying me, Liv and Soph. Us all supporting Charles, hoping he would win so he could become world champion.

By lap 57 Charles was leading with Lewis in second and Max in third. It was looking like just maybe Charles was winning. I wasn't gonna jinx it because well I know better than that at this point.

' and for the first time ever, Charles Leclerc is a world champion! '

We all jumped up and started screaming and hugging each other, then we all except for Pascale ran to the podium where they would get out of their cars and Pascale walked there peacefully with Liv and Soph in the stroller.

As Charles got out of the car he saw me and Liv standing there and went to hug his team and after that he hugged us as I kissed him just full with emotion and happiness, this all felt like a dream at this point. I watched as Charles went up on the podium with Max and Lewis and celebrated with them and his team. After all the podium celebrations I went to the hospitality while Charles was busy with interviews and stuff, I was just so happy for him. That he finally was a world champion, something that he had dreamed of since he was a kid. And the Ferrari fans were extremely happy, they were celebrating like crazy out there.

Something about Ferrari fans and Ferrari made wins and championship celebrations unlike any other I've ever seen, especially the celebrations here when Charles became world champion, it was like monza 2019 all over again. Honestly it was absolutely amazing.

After all his interviews and stuff Charles came to us and everyone got up to hug him and congratulate him again for winning the world championship.

' hi ' I smiled as he kissed me.

He had a big smile on his face ' hi baby '

He sat down for a minute just taking it all in, I think it was as much of a shock for him like it was for the rest of us. It still didn't feel real, even though it had been like two hours.

Well it would take a little getting used to I guess, but it was gonna sink in. Eventually.

As we were about to leave to head to a party I saw Max leaving and he looked a little defeated, I went up to him and I hugged him without saying a word.

' I'm sorry for the loss ' I said.

He smiled ' Charles won fair and square so I can't complain, we just weren't fast enough '

' and that's okay ' I smiled ' but Max, you are still talented, you can compete next year for it again '

' I will '

I smiled as we hugged one last time before Charles came and comforted Max, telling him he was great out there. Which he really was but Charles and Ferrari were just faster and that's okay. It can't work out all of the time.

After we left Max we went back to the hotel and packed Soph and Liv's stuff then left them with Pascale while we went to get ready for the after party.

' I love you, now and forever ' Charles smiled as he hugged me.

' now and forever, in sickness and in health ' I smiled.