Chapter fourtytwo

I was walking fast through the hallways trying to find Lewis who was somewhere around here.

I was far too distracted to see what was coming towards me. I was walking with my head down focused on my phone who was in my hands, I was too focused in trying to get a hold on my sister as I was meeting her later today.

Just as I walked there I bumped into someone falling to the floor.

' oh my gosh I'm so sorry ' I said as I sat there.

I heard a male voice laugh ' it's okay, you seemed focused '

The blond man got up then proceeded to give me a hand. As I stood up I dusted off my dress before I turned to the blond, I didn't recognize him although there was many people who worked here so I couldn't know every face.

' I'm so sorry once again, do you work here? '

' well not exactly I was visiting a friend '

The blond smiled at me as I smiled back when I felt some strong hands grab my waist from behind.

' Hey ' I heard lewis voice say.

' Oh hey Lew exactly the person I'm looking for, Chloe and my sister have been texting me all day about some surprise for the baby so we have to leave soon if your getting ready '

' Are you two together? ' the blond man said.

' No it's a long story but we're not together although we're having a baby together ' I said as I smiled.

' Hey Grayson, sorry I didn't see you ' Lewis said as he hugged the blond.

' wait what? '

' oh yeah sorry this is my friend Grayson he surprised me today with coming by the head office here '

I looked shocked at them both who greeted each other.

They continued on to talk about their stuff and I just stood there listening to them telling me all kinds of crazy things they used to do when they were little. Apparently they'd known each other since they were little kids, they seemed to still be very good friends even today.

' okay should we go? I think Chloe and the others are gonna be angry if we're late '

I nodded to what Lewis had just said and we started preparing to leave.

' wait, can I come by your house tomorrow Lewis? ' Grayson said.

' sure why not I don't think we have anything planned tomorrow ' Lewis said as he turned to me.

I shook my head as to answer that we didn't have anything planned.

The boys agreed that Grayson would come over tomorrow to have a little cook out. Together with some other friends who we would invite, some of them being Lewis other childhood friends.

I was just gonna be there to help with the food then I was planning on doing something else while they all were eating.

— — — —

Lewis had insisted on me staying with him until after I'd given birth as he wanted to be with me under my pregnancy.

I at first hesitated because I thought he had a girl friend but I found out that they were never really together that they were only talking and when lewis got the results that it was his baby he broke things off. So then I reluctantly agreed to stay with lewis for the time being that i was pregnant and until after I'd given birth.

Just as we got home Chloe met us outside. I ran up to her pulling her into a bear hug as she then proceeded to put a blindfold on me, at first I was confused but I just went along with it.

As we got inside she removed the blindfold and all the people showed themselves.

' no you didn't! '

' we did! Listen we know you said you didn't need a baby shower but come on it's your first baby ever you definitely need a baby shower and Lewis wasn't gonna take a no for an answer ' my sister said.

I looked at Lewis smiling.

The rest of the day we all enjoyed ourselves and when it came to the reveal I was a nervous wreck.

1.. 2.. 3!! I popped the ballon as everyone else popped their confetti rolls.

IT'S A GIRL!

I looked at Lewis who looked just as happy as I was as we then hugged each other.

' we're becoming parents to a cute little girl! ' I said still not believing it.

' we are!! ' Lewis said as we hugged again.

Later Lewis talked with some people as Lewis sister came up to me.

' congratulations future sister in law! '

We hugged each other.

I laughed ' you know that we're probably never gonna be sister in laws '

' we are excuse you, I can see into the future and I see my brother marrying you ' she said as she laughed.

' a girl can only dream although don't tell your brother that '

She just laughed as she promised she wouldn't tell him. We both talked some more mostly about baby stuff but also about random stuff, I always had fun around family.

For the rest of the evening we all ate cake and celebrated.

Then it started becoming late and most people expect Lewis sisters, my sister, Chloe, Avery, Daniel and Heidi went home. I was preparing to go inside with the others when Lewis asked me to take a walk with him near the cliffs who was very close to his backyard. I just nodded as I figured it was gonna be nice to spend some time just us two alone, that was something we hadn't done in ages.

I just went quickly to get my jacket and Lewis jacket then we were all ready to go out on a little walk.

' me and Lewis are coming soon guys, we're just going on a quick walk ' I told everyone as I rushed out of the door.

I got outside to Lewis and gave him the jacket before we started walking. After a bit of walking and talking about random stuff Lewis stopped at a cliff.

' okay Quinn I have something I want to talk to you about '

' okay I'm all ears '

' so I know this might be too late but I need to tell you I'm in love with you, I've been ever since the first time we met at the first race you ever went to and I just had to tell you I'm sorry if this makes things weird between us.. ' he continued on as I stopped him and then kissed him.

' I am in love with you too dumbass ' I said laughing.

' does that mean you want to be my girlfriend? '

He smiled as I looked into his beautiful brown eyes.

' yes I do idiot ' I answered as I kissed him again.

We just stood there for a minute looking into each others eyes before we both decided it was getting cold and we went back to the house.