Chapter twenty

As we landed in Australia me and Charles got straight to the hotel to get ready as we had to head directly to the track.

We got to the hotel room and fixed ourselves and then we got down to the car and headed for the track.

' so what are your plans for today ' Charles asked me as he drove out of the hotel.

' well I was planning on eating dinner at my exchange family's house and your invited I'm sure they would love to meet my " husband " after all ' I said smiling at him.

' I wish I could but I have work to do on the track and I don't think I can make it but maybe sometime later ' Charles said and I got disappointed but it was whatever I got here to spend time with my exchange family and to go to the race anyway.

' oh okay then I can tell them you'll come some other time ' I said not being as excited anymore.

We got to the track and as we walked in together i saw Daniel in the paddock and I told Charles I would come to him later and I was only gonna talk a bit with Daniel. I then proceeded to leave Charles to go to Daniel and I actually made some talk with Daniel before he had to leave for free practice as it started and I went to look for Heidi or Kelly as I knew they were gonna be here. After a while of looking I found Heidi in the paddock watching free practice there and I sat besides her watching and then when free practice was over I realized how much the clock was and I decided to go to Charles to say he did good and tell him that I would be going now to get to the hotel to get ready.

_ _ _ _

' hey you did amazing ' I said as I hugged Charles.

' thank you I am kinda happy with the results from today ' he said as he hugged me back.

' uh Charles I will be going now to get ready for the dinner tonight with my exchange family but I'll see you tonight when I come back ' I said to him.

' okay see you later have fun ' Charles said as he kissed my forehead because people were watching.

I left the garage and headed for the exit when I saw Lewis and Daniel standing talking in the paddock so I figured I would take a moment to go and talk to them. I wouldn't be late anyways I had two hours on me to get ready for the dinner so I wasn't in the biggest rush.

' hey my favorite boys ' I said as I came up to hug them both.

' hey Quinn ' both of them said.

We talked some more about a little random stuff and then I realized I had to go if I was gonna make it.

' it was really nice talking to you two as always but I really gotta rush else I'll be late ' I said as I smiled at them.

' where are you going? ' lewis asked.

' oh I'm going on a dinner at my exchange family's house and I don't wanna be late and I don't have a car as I drove with Charles here so I gotta figure out a way to head to the hotel '

' isn't Charles coming with you?? ' lewis asked me again.

' no he had something to do but it's sad because I wanted to take someone with me '

' well I don't have any plans for tonight and I'm hungry so I could come with you if you want I would love to meet them as you've spoken so highly of them ' lewis said smiling.

' I would love that! ' I said.

' alright let's go then we can't be late ' lewis said as both of us started going to his car to go to the hotel and get ready.

_ _ _ _

After about an hour we were both ready so we met down in the lobby and then got in the car which I gave Lewis the address and he drove there. I was actually really excited to go there I had missed them and I was also happy that they were gonna meet Lewis as he was my best friend after all. In the car we talked a lot and laughed a lot talking about our childhoods and how everything had been until the point of now.

After about a 20 minute ride we arrived at the house and as we pulled up to the house my nerves were all over the place. But Lewis squeezed my hand when we stood in front of the door to make me calm down. And it worked as we knocked on the door my exchange mother opened the door and immediately hugged me and greeted Lewis and then we stepped in the door.

' it's so nice to finally meet Quinn's husband! ' my exchange mother said as both me and Lewis looked at each other and I kinda blushed.

' no no mother it's not like that my husband couldn't come today this is mg best friend Lewis he came with me instead ' I said to answer her.

' oh okay but still it's very nice to meet you Lewis! You are handsome I just say! ' she said as a response.

I immediately turned red and Lewis laughed and said ' thank you miss Harrington! '.

' okay.. let's go and eat dinner and go to the others!! ' I said starting to make my way to the dinning room.

As I walked away I heard my exchange mom and Lewis talking and laughing and I was quite happy that they bonded and that they got along well I went to greet my exchange dad, sister, brother and other sister then we sat down at the table and started eating some of the delicious food my mom had prepared for us.

' this is delicious Anna! ' Lewis said to my exchange mother.

' thank you so much Lewis your such a gentleman! ' she answered back smiling.

As the evening continued I could see that my other family really liked Lewis and that made me happy because he was my best friend after all and I could tell he liked them as well.

_ _ _ _

After a while of sitting laughing and chatting me and luna ( my exchange sister ) decided to go and get some desert in the kitchen as everyone else continued to chat with Lewis. As me and Luna got in the kitchen she started to speak.

' soo what was your husband so busy with tonight Quinn '

' well I don't really know he just said he was busy with something I didn't really question it Luna '

' do you two love each other?? '

I was taken aback from what she said ' uhm well you know we are in an arranged marriage so we respect each other ' I really couldn't lie to Luna she was all I had for a really long time.

' so you don't love each other basically '

' well yeah but we have respect for each other and we are friends ' I said smiling at Luna.

' and you and lewis?? '

I looked at her with my eyebrows raised ' what about lewis and me?? '

' is it something between you and lewis?? '

I once again was taken aback of what Luna had said I was not ready for that. I thought for a minute but then I just told myself no we are just best friends and that's all we'll ever be.

' no, no we are only best friends lewis and i ' I said turning my back to face her.

' you sure about that?? Cause I see how you two look at each other that's not how ' friends ' look at each other ' she said.

' Luna we are only friends I promise I'm not lying I'm married and even if I liked lewis I could never be with him because again it's the fact that I'm married can we just drop this and go back to the others with the desert I'm sure they are waiting for us '

' okay but I'm just sayin lewis came even tho he also has the same work as your husband and your husband didn't come ' she said as she started walking with some of the desert to the dining room leaving me there speechless.

I mean I knew what she said was true but I didn't reflect on it earlier I mean if he didn't wanna meet them he could've just said that it's only for the media they are family they are allowed to know we just faked it for our families and the media. It didn't bother me that he didn't wanna come it bothered me that once again he'd lied to me or at least avoided me when he could've just been honest and said he didn't wanna go. Then Luna came in and asked me if I was gonna come sometime and I snapped out of my thoughts and took the rest of the desert and went out to her and the rest.