Chapter thirtynine

A few months later..

I was cleaning my kitchen as I heard a knock on the door. ' hmm who could that be I am not expecting any visitors ' I thought to myself as I started walking to the door.

Just as I opened the door I saw Chloe standing there with flowers in her hand.

' Hii Clo! ' I said as I hugged her.

' Hello my beautiful Quinn '

' What brings you here, weren't you supposed to be in Paris now? ' I said as Chloe gave me the big bouquet of flowers.

' well I came home early to visit you before I went to my fiancés parents '

' okay! Come in '

As I closed the door we both walked back to the kitchen so I could get a vase for these flowers.

' your bump have gotten so big since last time '

' I know right, it's crazy I still haven't gotten used to it ' I said as I laughed.

' do you know who the father is? '

' well no, I haven't spoken to Lewis except from one convo we had just about a few days ago about it. Lewis is getting an answer this weekend so we'll see then '

' how far along are you '

' 5 months ' I said as I smiled.

' time goes so fast damn ' Chloe said as she sat on the kitchen chair.

' well yeah it for sure does '

As I gave Chloe a glass of water I sat down in front of her and we talked for a while.

Honestly it felt good talking to her again, I hadn't seen her since new years. She had gotten so busy with her now fiancé proposing to her a week after new years and then she'd been busy with it her stuff so we hadn't had time to just sit and talk.

I on the other hand had only been with my nieces and at home, or at the doctors office to check on the baby.

It wasn't the funniest thing that existed but it was what it was.

' it was so nice talking to you again but I really have to get going ' Chloe said as she stood up.

' okay it was so nice to see you again ' I said as I hugged her.

' we have to meet soon again '

' definitely but right now I'm gonna take a nap ' I said laughing.

As Chloe left I threw myself on the sofa and quickly fell asleep.

— — — —

Later I woke up by someone knocking on my door.

As I rubbed my eyes still feeling newly awake as always I went to check who it was cause this time I again didn't expect any visitors.

However when I opened the door I saw Lewis standing there with Roscoe.

' Hii Roscoe! ' I said as I kneeled down to pet him

' hi lewis your also here ' I then said.

Lewis just laughed ' well can we come in?? '

I nodded as I smiled and let them in.

I offered Lewis something to drink and he just wanted a coffee so I put the coffee on then got some water for Roscoe.

Just as I handed Lewis his cup of coffee and sat down in front of him at the dinning table he was the first one to speak.

' so how have you been '

' well morning sickness has been painful but otherwise everything have been going well '

' that's great that it's only morning sickness '

' yeah ' I said as I smiled.

' well I really came here to ask you to come with me to the race this weekend ' Lewis said as he seemed nervous.

' I don't know, I've been keeping away from there for a reason '

' please I get the results tomorrow and Daniel won't stop asking me to take you to a race ' he begged.

' fine! But I'll have to get 30 minutes to pack '

' yes of course me and Roscoe will wait here '

As I went to pack my bags I smiled. I hadn't had a conversation or even seen Lewis in person since new years. I hadn't seen Daniel either so in one way I was excited to go there.

As I had packed done I went downstairs to where Lewis and Roscoe was.

' I'm done '

' great, Let me take your bags to the car '

As we sat down in the car Lewis started driving to the airport. Roscoe was gonna come with us as we were going to the Barcelona Grand Prix and I could be with Roscoe while Lewis was busy.

' so what have you been up to? ' I asked.

' well I've been preparing for the new season and being with friends ' he answered back.

' have you been seeing someone? '

' actually I met someone, but we're taking it slow '

' I'm happy for you Lewis! '

' really? '

' yeah, I really am you deserve happiness '

I really wasn't that happy, but I wanted to be supportive. Well after all I was the one who had missed my chance with Lewis when I was stupid enough to go back to Charles, so it was just more than fair that I supported him now cause he supported me then.

Even tho it might've broken my heart.

Why didn't I realize my feelings for Lewis before. When I had the chance, he was the one who always was by my side and I just treated him so bad.

I regretted it, I really did. I would be lying if I said that I didn't regret that I fucked up.

As we got on the plane we got some food and talked some more.

Sure it felt a little weird between us but in one way I was happy to even talk to Lewis again. I hadn't done that for quite a few months so I was happy about it even tho it felt a little weird between us.

I wanted to ask Lewis about the new person he was seeing but I didn't because I didn't have the guts to ask him about all of that. It would probably only be more awkward between us if I asked.