Chapter Eight

That same evening...

Klaus and Christy exchange looks at each other as she has just found out that Klaus's ex-girlfriend, Aurora de Martel, could be pregnant.

"Aurora's pregnant?" Christy asked, getting up from the bed, eyeing Klaus.

"I don't know." Klaus said.

"What do you mean you don't know? Aurora texted you saying that she's pregnant." Christy said to him.

"It could be a false pregnancy." Klaus said to Christy.

"Why didn't you tell me when I asked you if everything's okay with you?" Christy asked her husband.

"Because you were happy, Chris." Klaus replied to her. "And you haven't been happy and you barely smile anymore since your mother."

"Aurora's possible pregnancy has something to do with that night the two of you kissed, doesn't it?" Christy asked him.

"Yes." Klaus replied.

Christy pulls out her phone and dials Mathias's phone.

"What are you doing?" Klaus asked.

"Contacting Mathias. We're gonna settle this." Christy said to him, and holds her phone up to her ear.

"Hey, Christy." Mathias greeted her.

"Hey, Mathias. I need a favor." Christy said to her best friend on the phone.

⚜️⚜️

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

In the courtyard, Aurora is laying atop of the table. Klaus, Mathias and Christy are with her. Klaus and Christy are astral projections.

Mathias is holding a pendant over Aurora's flat stomach. "If the pendant glows, Aurora's pregnancy is confirmed."

Klaus and Christy exchange looks at each other, but Christy's angry expression remains the same.

Mathias quietly chants a spell to activate the pendant, which the pendant itself glows, but flickers. And it glows, indicating that Aurora is pregnant.

"Aurora has a bun in her oven." Mathias said.

Klaus looks at Christy, and she glares at him with anger. And she uses her magic to cease their astral projections.

⚜️⚜️

MOUNT ORASANI

Christy slowly walks up the stairs as Klaus slowly walks after her.

"Christy?" Klaus said.

"Just don't." Christy said to her husband, having stopped walking and not looking at him.

"Can we at least discuss this?" Klaus asked Christy. "For what we both know, this may be Aurora's twisted scheme to reconcile we had a thousand years ago."

Christy turns around and looks at her Klaus and slowly walks down the stairs to him. "Niklaus? If we talk about Aurora any further, I may say something that will hurt your feelings."

"Then, do it." Klaus said, urging her to do so. "Hurt my feelings, tell me off, instead of holding all the anger within you."

"You should probably head back to New Orleans. Elijah might need you for something." Christy said to Klaus and slowly walks back up the stairs.