Chapter Twenty-Three

MOUNT ORASANI

The next morning, Klaus lays in bed, asleep. Christy is laying beside him.

 Christy is laying beside him

{Christy's Outfit}

She gently combs his hair with her fingers. He tiredly stirs and wakes up and looks at his wife.

"Hi." Christy greeted him.

"Hello." Klaus greeted back at her. "It's been a while since you and I have been intimate with each other."

"Yeah, it has." Christy agreed.

Klaus and Christy exchange small smiles at each other. They gently holds each other's hands.

"Despite everything we've been through, everyone we've lost, we're still here. You're not alone, Chris." Klaus said to her.

Christy looks at her husband, Klaus, and small smiles at him. He peck a kiss on her palm of her hand.

⚜️⚜️

After-awhile, Christy visits the graveyard her mother's, Nadia's, tombstone, and crouches down to it.

She gently puts two sunflowers on her mother's tombstone.

"Christiana?" Ismene said.

Christy looks at her aunt Ismene. "Aunt Ismene?"

"Your father wants to speak with you about something." Ismene said.

Shortly afterwards...

Ismene and Christy slowly walks inside the dome chamber and looks at her Dad, Ames, along with Cyrus, Tithonus, Celia and Zenova.

"What's going on, Dad?" Christy asked her father.

"After your mother sacrificed herself by solar flaring, we reserved her body." Ames said.

"Reserved? What do you mean by that?" Christy asked, confused.

Cyrus and Tithonus slowly departs from each other to reveal Nadia's dead body laying on a altar.

Christy becomes bewildered and slowly walks up to her mother's dead body. "But her pyre funeral..." she trailed off, and turns around to looks at her Dad and the others. "...we had her pyre funeral. "How is this possible?"

"We used our powers to restore Nadia's ashes and transformed back into her original body." Ismene told Christy.

"And you're just telling me this now?!" Christy exclaimed with her eyes glow red in anger. "I mourned my Mom. I grieved her. I lost a part of myself when she died. I even convinced myself that I was a motherless child, and now, all of sudden, you're just telling me that you guys reserved my mother's body and I didn't know."