His Cinderella (Midorima x Takao)

Yes.... I realized that I messed up with the last UD big time! </3 Please forgive me...

Another MidoTaka for the fans. I hope you'll like it :)

*********************

"Oh no!" Takao inspected his basketball shoes and clicked his tongue. "Dammit, this is my favorite! Now it's worn-out," he sighed.

"What happened?" Midorima walked towards him as he fixed his glasses and eyed the shoes. "Whoa. It's already smiling Takao."

He grimaced. "So what? That just means that I work hard!" Takao threw the shoes in his locker and closed it.

"Really?"

"Really!"

"Then..." Takao heard Midorima clear his throat before he said, "Do you want to buy a new pair with me?"

Takao stopped dead for a few seconds, then he giggled and teased him. "Oh my! Are you asking me for a date?"

"Have an ear checkup, Takao. I just told you that I'll accompany you in buying your shoes, and not to have a date with you."

He rolled his eyes. "As always. You cannot take a joke, can you?"

Midorima just grinned, and to Takao's surprise, he lifted his chin and leaned so that their foreheads touched each other.

"If I want to have a date with you, I could simply ask, right? I don't need some lame excuse like that," he whispered and left him there enthralled.

Takao felt his blood rush to his cheeks as he watched Midorima's back walk away. He tried to catch his breath and followed the ace of their team. Dammit, he couldn't predict this guy, really. One moment, he'll be really rude, and the next, he'll make you fall in love with him again. He would not be surprised if one day he'll die because of a heart attack.

"S-so, when will we go?"

"Hmmm...Will tomorrow afternoon be fine? It's Saturday so we have no classes, and we also have an off in our basketball practice. Well, unless you have something to do..." Midorima looked back at him.

"Nah, it's fine. Let's go!"

"Then it's set. I'll meet you at 3pm sharp in front of the school."

****************

"Have you been waiting for a long time?" Takao yelled as he ran towards Midorima. He was leaning on the school gate's post while his hands were on his pockets. Cool.

"N-no, I have just got here. Let's go," he dismissed and led the way to the town.