Too Good to be True (1) (Murasakibara x Kuroko)

Sometime in their third year in Teikou...

"I'm sorry, but I can't love you back." Kuroko said directly in his face without even batting an eyelash.

Murasakibara's smile vanished, and his chest tightened. The corner of his eyes warmed. "W-why? I'm already offering my love for you. Isn't that enough? Some girls would accept me right away if I say those words to them, but why not you?"

"One, I am not a girl. Two, I don't have feelings for you. Lastly, you can't just always have what you want. So forget about your delusional feelings for now and give up. Someday you'll realize that you're really not in love with me," Kuroko answered, with his fingers counting his points in front of his face.

"D-delusional..." Murasakibara murmured.

"That's right so I hope you would get over this matter right away. Don't worry, we'd still be friends, no matter what," he smiled and turned his back.

He watched Kuroko walk away as he pondered about his thoughts, but then he still concluded that no matter what, he knew he really loved him, and he can't afford to accept it like this, unless...

Kuroko was just about to push the door of the rooftop when Murasakibara finally moved his feet and grabbed Kuroko's shoulders.

"Do you love someone else right now?" He whispered.

Kuroko became silent, and Murasakibara sure hoped that he'll answer 'none' as he held his breath. But all these hopes shattered as Kuroko whispered "I do", shrugging off Murasakibara's hands away.

He clenched his fists as he watched him go down the stairs with blurry eyes. Perhaps that was the most hurtful "I do" that you can ever hear from someone that you love...

********************

"Whoa! Murasakibaracchi! I know you love to eat but aren't you eating so much more lately?" Kise remarked as he sat down in front of his desk on their lunch break.

Murasakibara gave him a sharp glance. "I don't need your opinion," he said before shoving another bar of chocolate into his mouth.