Vanilla and Pepper (Mayuzumi x Kuroko)

"Let's take a break!"

The players dispersed immediately as soon as the coach announceda 15-minute rest. Mayuzumi was gasping for his breath when he reached and saton the bench. He grabbed his tumbler and drank from it, bottoms up.

"Senpai."

The water almost burst out of his mouth when he was calledby someone. Thank God he swallowed it first before he turned to him.

"K-kuroko! What is it?" he asked while wiping hisface with the back of his hand.

"Uhm, I just want to confirm something," Kurokoleaned a bit closer as if what he's gonna tell was a secret.

Mayuzumi's chest thumped when he saw those aquatic eyes upclose once again. It was the same eyes that were blazing when Rakuzan had amatch against Seirin, and it was also the same eyes that became his reason tostill play basketball until college.

Because of his too much admiration to Kuroko that he decidedto enter in a famous university in Tokyo. At first, he was just hoping for achance to meet him casually, or see him in tournaments and other basketballcups. But how lucky he was, that Kuroko enrolled in the same university wherehe was!

When Kuroko joined the basketball team, they really becameclose, perhaps because of their similar abilities. It could be also becausethey both love reading mangas and light novels that they've become the best offriends. Nevertheless, Mayuzumi was happy enough to get close to Kuroko before.

But nowadays, that seemed not enough for him anymore.

"W-what?" He pulled back his head a littleto leave space between them or they would be literally exchanging breaths.

"I think I saw you at Akihabara yesterday. Was itreally you?"

Mayuzumi's eyes widened. He remembered the reason that he wentto that place alone, and it was something he could never tell to Kuroko.

"Maybe it was just m-my look alike, or s-something?"Mayuzumi averted his eyes, and his sweat was starting to get cold.

Kuroko's eyes formed into slits as his back straightened."I called your name and you moved your head to check who called you. Itwas just unfortunate that you didn't see me until you were finally covered bythe crowd."

"A-ahh... Haha!" So that was him, huh. "Actually, yes. I really did went toAkihabara y-yesterday." Quick! Thinkof an excuse, dammit!

Mayuzumi can already hear the loud pounds of his heartbecause of too much panic and nervousness, especially went Kuroko gave himdagger looks.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've gone with you likewe always did!" Kuroko, although he was mad at first, gave him a sad lookin the end. Mayuzumi felt guilty, but he really couldn't tell him about hisjourney yesterday.

"S-sorry. Can we just call it quits? After all, youalso went to same place alone, without inviting me, too."

Kuroko frowned. "B-but--"

"Am I not right?"

Kuroko's lips twitched before he sighed in defeat."Fine! I just bought the latest volume of Kuroki no Basket*, though. Whatabout you? What did you buy?"

(A/N: If you've watched WataMote then you've probably knowwhat was that. LoL)

And it has come to this, of course.

"Ahh. I just bought a f-few light novels, that's all."

"Oh, really?"

Mayuzumi stood up to signal the end of their discussion."Y-yes. Let's go. Break's gonna end soon," he said and left histumbler before he ran into the center of the court.