Hold Me Tight (Kiyoshi x Hyuuga)

There are some scenes from the anime here, although I altered some to suit a fujoshi's tastes XD. *Please refer to episode 36 of KnB or Episode 11 of KnB Season 2*

In any case, I want to credit Fujimaki Tadatoshi, who had just ended this beautiful series. T-T  

Thank you very much for introducing us to these great guys! I'll surely miss them </3.

 Special Mention to @Bearification who also requested this one.

*****************************************************

Junpei carried the ball to their court. "Mitobe!" He tried to pass the ball but Hanamiya thwarted him to do so.

Hanamiya grinned when he marked him. "You think you can do anything without Kiyoshi?"

Junpei gritted his teeth as he dribbled the ball. His fury enraged more as he stared at Hanamiya's mocking face.

"Who do you think is next after that piece of junk?"

He held the ball hard. "I'm not going to let you, Hanamiya! I promise you won't get away with this!"

Junpei faked to the right and went to his left but as expected, Hanamiya saw through his move. Since his response was so fast, Hanamiya reached in and pushed it away from Junpei's hands.

"Damn!" He tried to pursue the ball against Hanamiya but the referee already whistled the ball out of bounds. Junpei restlessly stopped at the baseline as he stared at the ball rolling, until those large hands grab it. Junpei raised his head to meet his eyes.

Despite his beaten up face, Kiyoshi was calm, his eyes were reassuring, his smile still warm. It was as if that he wanted to say that he trusts Junpei, that they would win a ticket to the Winter Cup.

How could he smile like that when he's hurting so much? How could he still trust him when he can't even get any one of his shots in the basket today?

Junpei's eyes felt heavy when he remembered how Kiyoshi cringed in pain as he held his knees, and now he had those bruises and injuries again just to protect the team. He sacrificed himself just for them. Kiyoshi went through a lot just to get here, so he asked himself what was he doing?

Kiyoshi was the one who made him get back his confidence again; he was the one who made him love the sport again that he once tried to hate. He was the one he made a promise to, and he had become the most important person in his life. After all, he's the one that he secretly loves.

For Kiyoshi's sake, Junpei wanted revenge. But with Kiyoshi's eyes looking through him right now, it suggested to fight for victory, and not for revenge.

Why didn't he noticed it earlier? They could be pulling away righ now if he had just set his goals right. But there's still time, and he could as well start now.

Junpei turned his back and fixed his glasses. Until know his mind's been full of thoughts of beating Hanamiya, but that was not the promise they made, right?