Chapter 10

After class Johnny and I head out to lunch, we get into a taxi and drive down, taking a photo as we go. When we get there we sit down at a table. I order baked brie and Johnny orders Ratatouille. Then while we are waiting for our food we just talk.

"I remember when Evelyn and I went to Paris last year we went out to this pizza restaurant and the only table left was in front of this giant statue of a pizza server, and Evelyn made this HILARIOUS joke about the statue, she was like "I'm surprised we haven't burst into flames just looking at this thing!" and we laughed for hours after that" I say, showing him the photo.

"That is funny," Johnny said, laughing, "Call me crazy but I have always wanted to be a world traveler, for my job, like if money wasn't a super important thing" 

"That would be so cool! That's not crazy at all!" I say, shoving his shoulder, he is so insecure about these things, I wish he would relax around me like I am around him, "I've always wanted to go on a big road trip with all of my friends, it would be like a mini getaway!" 

"Yeah I guess so...." he says.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"One of my biggest fears is, well, promise you won't laugh," he says, looking at me.

"Of course not!" I say, putting my hand on his shoulder.

He leans in and whispers.

"I'm afraid of caravans"

"Hey, Johnny, that's nothing to be ashamed of, I'm SUPER afraid of being abandoned, you know, after my dad" I say.

"Yeah, well, I never plan to ever abandon you..." he says, trailing off.

"Thanks, I think," I say laughing.

He sits in silence for a little bit and there is some tension in the air, so I try to break it.

"Anyway, you remember how the fire alarm went off last night?" I ask.

"Oh yeah, what happened?" Johnny asked.

"You know Khordad Ivarsson?" I ask.

"Yeah, what did she do?" he asked.

"Apparently all she did was burn some popcorn, these alarms are so sensitive! Honestly, I'm just glad it wasn't me. Imagine being known as the person that set off the fire alarm because you don't know how to make popcorn! I would be so embarrassed!" I said.

"Haha yeah" he says.

"Well, let's shift gears for a bit, what are you obsessed with right now?" I ask.

"Warm banana bread, having dessert for breakfast is time saving and all around DELICIOUS. What about you?" he says.

"I'm loving gold accessories right now, like gold glitter eyeshadow and phone cases, it's just so pretty!" I say.

"One of my favorite things is when people add accessories to outfits that aren't the same color, like when say, a person wears a blue suit but then has a yellow tie, it just adds a fun pop of color you know?" he says.

I nodded, then we got our food. It was so good! Then after we paid we were walking out when I looked over at the sidewalk and saw four elderly ladies speed walking down the street.

"They're zooming!" Johnny said, and I burst out laughing.

One day I hope that when I'm older I am fit enough to do that too. Johnny and I planned to go out for dinner tomorrow night, because Friday night dinners are so fun! Then we drove home.

That's the end of Chapter 10! Chapter 12 will be longer so just hang in there! Chapter 11 will be out tomorrow! Bye lovelies! xxx