Chapter 27

We get to the venue the next day and as always I am fashionably late to the VIP meet and greet. When I finally get there they are all really dressed up so for the performance I really have to go big. My favorites in this crowd are an 8 year old boy named Daniel who got here in a Frontera car, a 13 year old boy named David who got here in a Toyota, and a 16 year old girl named Libby who got here in a Dodge Viper. I changed into a gold sparkly dress and a big fluffy pink jacket, hoping that would be extravagant enough for Hollywood. The set list we decided was getting too confusing so we went back to the one from Austin because that was the favorite so far. The show was so much fun, the fans went crazy over my outfit, but I slightly regretted it. It looked amazing but by the end of the show I was sweating SO MUCH! 

A week later and I was backstage and was spraying cold water on my face, it had been a really intense show. I was just relaxing when I heard a strange voice.

"Did you forget me?" 

"What?" I ask.

"Do you have an ounce of regret? You accumulate money, you accumulate fame, yet in my hour of need you forget" the voice says, and I instantly know who it is. 

"Griffin, you're a smart man, you'll come out and it will all be fine. If you try to crash everything I do, you'll never stop. Where do you draw the line?" I ask, and he steps forward, he looks deranged. 

"So quick witted" he laughs, looking around.

I stood there shocked.

"I bet you would be a good lawyer," he says, still laughing.

After everything, he still thinks I'm dumb.

"Well someone ought to remind you," he said.

"What?" I ask, trying to sound brave.

"You're nothing without Lucas behind you" he says, pushing me slightly.

Almost as if it were planned, Lucas calls at that exact moment.

"Daddy's calling," Griffin says, and walks away laughing.

I pick up and just start talking before he can say anything.

"Lucas, listen really carefully, I have another Code Black. He's back, I don't know how he's out or what he's going to do but he's gone for now, we are leaving in an hour or so, can you stay on the phone until we leave, I'm scared, like really scared" I say, I feel like I'm going to start crying, of course something like this had to happen when he's over 3,000 miles away.

"Of course, are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, can we talk about something else to distract me though?" I ask.

"Of course, how many shows do you have left?" Lucas asks.

"14, then I'm coming home!" I say, already feeling better.

"Only two weeks! I will be waiting for you when you get back" Lucas says, and I knew he meant it.

We talked for an hour until the band and I got on the bus and drove to our next show in Michigan. 

That's the end of Chapter 27! The next chapter will be longer I promise! Chapter 28 will be out tomorrow! Bye lovelies! xxx