Chapter 32

I put on the blue dress and some white heels paired with a red bag on the day of the wedding and headed down to the venue. It was beautiful. The ceremony was so heart warming and the reception party and dinner were so much fun. Jodi and her new husband Brian looked so good as well! I loved Jodi's reception party dress, it was so elegant, just like her. The night was so much fun and I wished it could go on forever, but then during the dinner my phone started ringing. It was from the New York Hospital. I started to freak out, Sarah had called a couple weeks prior to this saying that my mum was in the hospital because she had contracted lung cancer. I excused myself from the table and went into a separate room to take the call.

"Hello, this is Morgan from the Bellevue Hospital Centre. I'm afraid I have some bad news," said the lady, in a slow, soothing voice.

My heart dropped and my hands started shaking.

"This afternoon at 3:40 PM, your mother, Katy Hart's, body gave up due to her battle against lung cancer. We have done everything we could, but it is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you that she has passed away. Your mother has left around twenty thousand dollars to your name along with a letter, the letter will be posted to you as soon as possible and the money has already been sent to the account specified in the will. Your sister has already read through the entire will with an employee and has planned the funeral as per what your mother has written. A copy of the final will has been sent to you with the letter from your mother," she said, slowly.

"Uhm, o-okay, thank you," I say, tears rolling down my face. 

The lady said one more thing but I couldn't hear her over my sobbing, then she hung up. I wipe the tears from my face and thank Jodi for inviting me and then rush out the door. I ran to my car and then drove for a bit before pulling over next to the beach and cried my heart out. I then called Lucas and told him everything. After he hung up I went back to the dorm and changed when Evelyn came out and saw my tear stained face and came and gave me a hug. We talked for hours, we fell asleep briefly but then she moved and I woke up. She woke up as well and started apologizing.

"Hey no, it's fine, I've always been a light sleeper ever since my father left. Just because I could hear my mom crying in her bedroom. I tried to go in and stop her from crying, but I couldn't. So I'd try to sleep right next to her, but I couldn't. "Momma, would you stop crying if father came back?" I asked her. She'd look at me and say, "We don't need anyone else, baby girl. All I need is you and your sister." She was an angel, Evie. Always putting Sarah and I first," I said.

"She sounds amazing, tell me more stories," Evelyn said, hugging me.

I told her stories about my mom and she listened to every story fully and deeply just like she always does.  

That's the end of Chapter 32! Chapter 33 will be out tomorrow! Bye lovelies! xxx