Chapter Four: The Cambridge News

8 September 2014

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting their second child.

The Queen and members of both families are delighted with the news.

As with her first pregnancy, The Duchess is suffering from Hyperemesis Gravidarum. Her Royal Highness will no longer accompany The Duke of Cambridge on their planned engagement in Oxford today. The Duchess of Cambridge is being treated by doctors at Kensington Palace.

Kensington Palace

###

FitzClarence House

"What nonsense," Adeline stated with a shake of her head and turning off the television, she would never understand why the media tried to play any of them against each other.

Today's latest was the fact that the Cambridge's had been forced to announce Catherine's pregnancy early again because of Hyperemesis Gravidarum that had also affected her first pregnancy back in 2013.

Instead of focusing on the joy that the family were expecting two babies next year, instead there were some speculating that William and Catherine had dropped the news to spite Adeline and Simon fearing that they would be more popular.

This morning had seen the Loose Women take on the royal pregnancies and Colleen Nolan had the nerve to suggest that Adeline had actually been pregnant at her wedding.

The panellist had said that the news was coming rather soon after the royal wedding, despite four months having past and the royal tradition was to wait until the expecting mother reached their second trimester before an announcement was made.

Standing from the couch, Adeline shook her head and smoothed out her top as she made a move from the living room; it was a little strange seeing less of her things around the house as she and Simon prepared to move.

There was still work being down on Barnwell Manor but they had been pleased to hear that things were going ahead faster than expected at York House with them being able to make their move towards the end of the month.

This meant that packing around FitzClarence House had begun so that Lucy would be able to take over soon enough; the place would be well cared for in her arms.

York House had been Adeline's home for several years when her father had resided there after he and her mother had separated; she looked forward to breathing fresh life into the house that had been empty since 2003 when her father had moved into Clarence House following the death of the Queen Mother.

"What are they saying now?" Simon asked boxing up things in the kitchen, he knew that Lucy would be doing up this place to suit her own style and wanted to give her a fresh start if needed.

He did his best to turn a blind eye to what the media had to say about them, it was better to ignore it all when there was hardly any truth in what was being said anyway.

"Just that our baby was conceived before we were even married so they can't possibly be legitimate in the eyes of the church and Catherine is jealous of me so had to announce her pregnancy so soon after ours," Adeline said not sure if she should feel amused or what by what they were saying.

It was laughable that people thought they could dictate to them how they should be feeling, they knew nothing of what was going on behind these walls.

They didn't know that if Catherine had it her way, she wouldn't be announcing for many more months rather than right at the start of her pregnancy.