Chapter Eight: The Royal Christmas

25th of December 2014 - Sandringham Estate

"Harry," Adeline greeted smiling at her brother, she was happy to see him especially since he looked a lot healthier than he had been the last time that she had seen him.

It had been a discussion if he would be in attendance for Christmas here in Sandringham considering how his recovery was going and not wanting to risk him being exposed to anything so soon after his rehab stay.

Harry stared at Adeline, a little surprised that she greeted him so warmly and he offered her a weak smiling knowing that they really did need to talk.

There was much he had to say to his sister especially after everything that had happened, his time in rehab had been spent doing a lot of talking with a therapist about his relationship with his family.

"I wanted to apologise for everything you know, I really am happy for you and Simon," Harry insisted knowing that he had never really said that he was sorry for outing them like he had.

It had been selfish of him and he could see that now, he needed to make amends if he wanted to have a healthier relationship with Adeline and Simon moving forward.

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you," Adeline replied knowing that they had been at fault for that, she hadn't meant to hurt her brother by not telling him; it truly had come from a place of wanting to make sure that they were going to work out.

As time had gone on, it had been harder to admit that they were worried that Harry would freak out for them keeping it a secret for so long.

Harry waved her off, he didn't blame her for that especially given that his reaction had been to punch Simon in the face when they had told him and then told the press that they were dating to try and break them up.

"So any hints on what the baby will be? The media think you've been given clues in your outfits," Harry asked not wanting to dwell on the past, it was a miserable place for him and he'd rather focus on a happier future.

It was hard not to notice the sudden colour surge that Adeline's maternity wardrobe had taken as of late; he had watched the royal variety performance and now here at Christmas she was wearing the same colour again.

"Not a clue. Simon and his mother insist it's a girl, I think it might be a boy," Adeline replied with a shrug of her shoulders, she didn't know and she just liked the colour pink; she didn't see how that might be her hinting at everything.

Maternity wear was hard to choose from, there were a lot of styles that she didn't like and made her look frumpy when she tried them on; her bump growing steadily with each passing day.

The end of her pregnancy was in sight and there were still little things that needed to be done now that they had made the move to York House; although Simon refused to let her help in fear that she might hurt the baby.

"I am sure you'll know better than anyone else," Harry said with a wink, he had no idea how any of that worked but he was sure that Adeline would have a clue about the child that she was carrying.

If she believed that she was carrying a boy then he thought it would be a boy, he was excited to meet the newest member of the Clarence family and he knew that he had a lot to make up for.

His actions in the past few years had been horrible especially towards his younger sister and her husband, they deserved better and if he wanted to make amends like his therapist had instructed then he had to start somewhere.

"How are things going setting up York House?" Harry asked thinking of the former home that they had shared, it had been empty for over ten years now and it would need quite a bit doing to it.