Chapter Seventy-Nine: England vs Scotland

05 February 2022

The Duchess of Clarence, Patron, Scottish Rugby Union, accompanied by the Duke of Clarence, this afternoon attended the International Rugby Match between Scotland and England at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Edinburgh (Councillor Francis Ross, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Provost).

Household of the Duke and Duchess of Clarence

###

Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh

Entering the stadium to the national anthem, Adeline was more than happy to make the trip north for the day knowing that this marked the start of a busy year for the Clarences and the rest of the royal family. 

Tomorrow would mark the seventieth year of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II reign, the date on which the Queen had lost of her father and had become the monarch that for many was the only monarch that they had known. 

Tours would be announced for each member of the family later that month, celebrations spanning the year were planned and there didn't seem to be a moment that wasn't planned out to celebrate the Queen's platinum jubilee. 

Adeline and Simon would be heading to Australia, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand and Fiji with their trip planned in April while the Cambridges would be heading to Belize, Jamaica and The Bahamas from 19th to 26th March 2022. 

There was so much more happening, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will visit the Republic of Ireland from Wednesday 23rd to Friday 25th March 2022. 

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit Antigua and Barbuda, Grenada, St Lucia, and St Vincent and the Grenadines from Friday 22nd to Thursday 28th April 2022. 

That was just the spring tours that were planned, with a central UK tour planned during the main event in June; there was so much happening behind the scenes to make sure that everything was perfect. 

Simon followed after Adeline as she was greeted by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of the City of Edinburgh (Councillor Francis Ross, the Rt. Hon. the Lord Provost). 

Despite the chill in the air, the weather was better than expected for their trip to the Scottish capital; it had been awhile since they had both come to Edinburgh together and Simon knew that it would be the last quiet trip that they took together as a couple before things kicked off. 

"Your Royal Highness," Francis greeted with a bow of his head before stepping forward to shake Adeline's hand, it was thrilling to see the Duke and Duchess this early in the jubilee year with everything else that was planned. 

Celebrations for the Queen's platinum jubilee would be grand, everything had been planned out for years to mark the occasion that would see the Queen be the first monarch in British history to reach seventy years of rule.

Francis then moved on to shake the hand of Simon before the three of them took their seats, the game would be getting underway in a matter of minutes and Adeline was more than happy to be here watching her patronage play even if it was against England. 

The Six Nations Championship was an annual international men's rugby union competition between the teams of England, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland and Wales. 

England and Wales have won the championship the most times, both with 39 titles, but England have won the most outright titles since the Six Nations era started in 2000, only Italy and Scotland have failed to win the Six Nations title.