Chapter Twenty-Five: Lord Sebastian FitzClarence

6th of March 2017 - York House

Driving through the gates of St James' Palace, Charles waved to the crowds that were gathered by the gates along with the press in an effort to see who would be visiting the Clarences and their new baby. 

They had gotten pictures of the Queen and Prince Philip had been the first to come meet the newest member of the family, their seventh great grandchild. 

It was there that the Queen had approved upon the couple's chosen name for the boy, becoming the first Sebastian born into the family for as far back as they could think.

Climbing from the car, Charles stared up at the place that he, himself, had once called home; it had been his home after his separation from Diana until the Queen Mother had passed and he had moved to Clarence House. 

One day he hoped to pass Clarence House back to the Clarences, bring it all full circle as Clarence House had been built by another Duke of Clarence, William IV who was Simon's 5x great grandfather. 

The building was nearly two hundred years old, built when William IV had been a royal duke as he had found the building next door St James Palace far too cramped and outdated for his liking. 

Charles took a deep breath before heading for the front door, the door already opening and Simon appeared to greet him. 

Charles hugged his son-in-law, it was a great relief that things had worked out the way that they had and he couldn't be more thankful that Adeline had found such a perfect partner that was so supportive of her. 

It was a source of great pride for the Prince of Wales that his only daughter had a husband that supported her and was now finding his own path within the royal family. 

In recent months as well as becoming Colonel of the Scots Guards, Simon had recently become patron of the British Heart Foundation, Capability Scotland, Game and Wildlife Conservation Trust and the Marine Biological Association. 

They were patronages that the Duke of Edinburgh was happy to part with in his advanced age, he knew that his time to step down was quickly coming upon him after a lifetime of service. 

Entering the living room, Charles lit up seeing Adeline holding Sebastian; he couldn't quit believe that his daughter was now a mother of two but he loved how contented she looked right now.

Adeline carefully handed Sebastian over to her father, she was so happy that she got to be the one to tell him what they had named Sebastian; she wanted to see his face when they told him rather than him find out with everyone else. 

The announcement would go out that afternoon, shortly after this visit if Adeline worked it out right; she knew that people were eager to see how they would address their son. 

Sebastian was the heir to the Dukedom that Simon now held, there were questions if they would title him Earl of Munster or Viscount FitzClarence. 

"What did we name him?" Charles asked rocking his new grandson in his arms, he thrilled at each new grandchild that he was given and he knew that both William and Adeline would at least have one more. 

Then there were the grandchildren that Harry would eventually have, whenever he was ready to do so and Charles would love them just as much as the others. 

"Sebastian Philip Charles," Adeline stated proudly, she watched her father's face closely as the news sunk in about the name. 

Sebastian had afterall been named for his maternal great grandfather and grandfather; two great men that had always been there for Adeline.