Chapter 1

The clacking of the keys beneath my fingers punctuated the silence of the night, a reminder that time was slipping away as I feverishly typed on my laptop. How many hours had I been at this? Two? Three? I wanted to tell my story - the story of a girl who came from another universe and found herself in a new one. The friends she had made along the way, the love she had found, the story being told not only in first person but also in third-person perspective.

"Sweetheart, come to bed." My husband sleepily rubbed his eyes as he stepped into the doorway of my office, breaking the late night silence with his words.

My office contained various things, including a laptop and an electric keyboard. Apart from being a writer, I was also a musician and a teacher at an elementary school in Japan.

To also mention my love for science, which got me here in the first place.

"I promise I'll be right there." I answered with a smile, turning back to my work.

As he kissed my forehead, I felt the warmth of his lips radiating on my skin. He then walked down the hallway, disappearing from my line of sight.

I came here, for what reason I am unsure. But, what brought me here, my passion for the multiverse and the potential knowledge the possibilities may hold. I was the girl who found a fictional villain from my old world captivating, enticing. Though he was but a shadow, a mere concept, an image, but I fell in love. I fell in awe and admiration. I fell in a way that is unknown and unexplained. I fell deeper than the darkness that is the abyss.

I want to tell people of the different timelines that may exist, branching out into all directions. There could be many different Hawks, Dabis, Izuku's, Toga's, all with their own personalities that may differ from the original.

Even the smallest changes such as the different movements of a bird or the change in direction of the wind could create a whole new world with different outcomes. The endless possibilities that the multiverse holds are both intriguing and mind-boggling. Each time I close my eyes, I see those different branches creating new worlds, new realities. It is amazing to think that even the smallest difference in our actions and choices could have monumental effects on how our world turns out.

Although I have brought light to the various possibilities that exist within the multiverse, I will leave it up to you to discover my reason and purpose for coming to this world. It's a mystery that you must unravel on your own, and I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I looked back at my work. Yes, this seemed like the perfect place to begin my story. With this one sentence, it felt right. Like this was the way I should go, the start I needed to really dive into the world I had become a part of.

My story begins here:

My name is Astra Wilder, a 25-year-old who has always felt disconnected from the world. Don't worry, I'm not contemplating suicide, simply expressing my yearning for another dimension. There have been numerous claims of a laboratory in Tennessee creating portals to other worlds, hidden somewhere in the depths of the Great Smoky Mountains. I seek to discover this mystery for myself, for I have been plagued by insomnia in my pursuit of this damn place. Will I ever be able to uncover the truth? I must continue to search, for my heart is set on proving the existence of these other realities.

Suddenly, I heard a ding as I was scrolling through research on my laptop. A text message:

Hey! I think I may have found that laboratories exact location! I will drop you a pin!
-Ethan

I jumped up quickly, knocking my laptop over in the process while staring at my phone screen. 'This is happening! Holy shit.' Not caring about my laptop, I clicked on the pin, and it provided me with the location. I squealed with glee, tears streaming down my face. The tears could be very well caused by tears of joy or insomnia.
Ding, another text message: