Chapter 35

Astra:

I lie on the hard, cold floor of a dark room. My body is in misery after a week of torture, my every fiber aching. I strain to suppress my whimpers and cries of pain, knowing very well that any hint of weakness will only invite more punishment and suffering. The darkness around me is ominous, a constant reminder of the loneliness and helplessness I feel. I force myself to focus on the steady rhythm of my breathing, attempting to keep myself calm and focused.

I squint against the bright light as the door opens, and I am met by the cruel glare of Jack. He roughly grips my arm and wrenches me to my feet, dragging me outside.
"AFO wants to speak to you, little bird," he says mockingly.
I feel a sickening sense of dread well up within me. What else does this lunatic want from me? I suppress the fear that grips me as I allow myself to be led by Jack to AFO.
Jack unceremoniously throws me down at AFO's feet, with a smug grin on his face.
"Ah, child, all fools end up meeting a pitiful end," he says, in a tone that makes my hair stand on end.

I was surrounded by the twisted being that was AFO. He started to circle me, mockingly asking me if I was ready to become his newest masterpiece.

I let out a defiant yet fearful noise as I shook my head firmly. I clenched my teeth as I looked him straight in the eye and said, "I will never give myself to you. You are evil and twisted. You can go to hell!"

AFO smirked in response to my words. He chuckled before he spoke again, his voice dripping with malice.

"I like your fire, kid. It's going to make it that much sweeter when I break you and make you mine. Why don't you save yourself some bruises and give in already?"

His smug expression annoyed me to no end. I grit my teeth and narrow my eyes, feeling fire burning deep inside me.

"Over my corpse. I won't ever let myself be under your control."

AFO's smile faltered at my words, but his gaze was still mocking. He took a step closer to me, his voice becoming more sinister as he spoke.

"I like that. I like your stubbornness. It's going to make it even more fun trying to break you. But don't worry. I'll wear you down eventually. Everyone does... in the end."

A spark of fear ran down my spine as I looked into his eyes. He was terrifyingly confident that I would cave in and give him what he wanted.

I tried to suppress the shivers running through my body as I looked at AFO. I knew that fighting him was useless, but I refused to let him think I was scared. I continued to stare him down, my expression filled with defiance.

AFO smirked in response to my silence, enjoying the game we were playing. "Ah, good. I see you're not giving in that easily."

I felt my heart beating quickly in my chest. I knew that I was in serious danger, but I was not going to back down now.
AFO's face was still shrouded in a smug expression as he spoke again.

"I see you're still sticking to your guns." He took another step closer to me, his voice dripping with menacing intent. "I have to admit, I admire your stubbornness. I know the past few days haven't been easy for you. So, I have to ask... have you enjoyed Jack's "torture"?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I remembered the tortuous ordeal that I had been through. My expression hardened, and I looked him straight in the eye again.

I felt my anger surging inside me as I spoke, my voice thick with fury.

"Enjoy it?!" I scoffed at him in disbelief. "How can you think I enjoyed what Jack did to me? This pat week was a living hell."
AFO's expression faltered for a moment as he heard the conviction in my words, but he quickly recovered his smug smirk. His tone was mocking as he spoke again.