Chapter 7

Lily:

As I stood there, gazing out over the village of Konoha, I felt a rush of excitement and delight like I had never felt before. I was awestruck by the beauty of the scenery, and I couldn't help but smile at the thought of being in this wonderful place.
It was like a dream come true, a chance to experience the world of Naruto in real life. I couldn't believe it was actually happening, and I was filled with a sense of gratitude and wonder. I was going to soak in every moment of this magical experience!

When Ethan and I first arrived a week ago, Tsunade didn't trust us at first. It took some convincing, but we got the point across that we needed to find Astra.

My hunger was growing, and the thought of eating some delicious ramen was too much to resist.
After wandering around Konoha for what felt like ages, I finally spotted the familiar sign of Ichiraku Ramen. My stomach rumbled again, eager to get some yummy ramen in it, and I began to quicken my pace towards what I thought would be the best meal I had ever had.
As I approached, I could already hear the distinct voices, and I felt a sense of excitement and anticipation. I couldn't wait for my turn to order!
"Ramen is the best dish, itadakimasu!" I can hear Naruto's voice chime.

"I still prefer the two-minute eggs in the Ramen." Sai's voice commented.

"How could you say that!?" A mad Naruto shouted.

"I just don't get your fascination with Ramen." Sai calmly professed.

"You guys are so annoying and impossible! Why can't you let us eat in peace!?" Sakura's voice boomed.

I cut through the noren to see Naruto, Sai, and Sakura sitting on the stools next to each other, with bowls of ramen on the wooden counter in front. Farthest away at the end of the was Kakashi, reading what I assume to be his perverted book.

"Sorry for the commotion. This is a regular day for us." I could see Teuchi Ichiraku smile gently from behind the counter.
All eyes turned on me, except for Kakashi, who was still fixated on his book.
"Sorry about them." Sakura apologized to me.

"It's fine." I smiled, gently sitting on the stools.

"What can I get you?" Teuchi inquired.

"I will have whatever Naruto is having." I always wanted to try the famous Naruto Ramen.

Teuchi's warm smile filled me with a sense of comfort. He was friendly and approachable, and his presence alone made me feel welcome and at home in this strange new world.
As he moved to prepare my order, I felt a surge of excitement. I had heard so much about the delicious Naruto ramen and was eager to try it for myself.
Teuchi returned with a steaming bowl, setting it down before me with a smile.
"Enjoy!" he said, stepping back to give me space.
I reached out to take the bowl, grateful to finally get a taste of this famous ramen.

"You are one of the people Tsunade informed us about, right?" Kakashi deemed, eyes still glued to the pages of his book.

Naruto slammed his hand down, "You are the ones Lady Tsunade was talking about?! Tell me how to find Sasuke!"
His ambition was always to find his friend, besides becoming Hokage.

Sakura slapped him from upside his head, "That's literally what Kakashi-sensei said, idiot!"

"Lady Tsunade talked with them thoroughly, Naruto. They agreed to help us, no need to get so angsty. They gained my trust and filled me in where Sasuke is located."

Teuchi came back with my bowl of ramen in hand and sat it in front of me on the counter. I broke my chopsticks in half, "Yeah, I am. My name is Lily Cromwell."

I lifted the swimming noodles to my mouth, "Mmmmm." This is way better than I intended. No wonder why Naruto always eats here.

"Have you found your friend yet?" Sakura asked.

I swallowed, "No, we haven't yet." I looked down with a frown. "I am honestly beginning to feel discouraged."

"I am sure you will! Believe it!" Naruto exclaimed, putting a thumbs up.

I held my head low, "I just hope wherever she is that she is safe and sound."

"Failing doesn't give you a reason to give up, as long as you believe." Naruto leads off.

I peered my attention to him, "Back when Sasuke first left the village, I felt this hole in my chest like I had just lost a brother. I was too powerless to prevent Sasuke from leaving the village and friends to receive training from Orochimaru. When people are protecting something truly special to them, they truly can become as strong as they can be. So, don't give up, Lily! Make it your nindo-ninja way!" he flew up pumping a fist in the air.

"But I am not even a ninja..."I trailed off.

"But you get the idea of the point he is trying to get across," Kakashi softly smiled.

I sat there in silence a moment more, "You know, you are right! I will find my friend and bring her home! Y'all are truly the best!"
They all smiled at me in reassurance.

"Ah, there you are!" Ethan came from behind the noren.
I spun around to face him, "Hey, Ethan. How was your trip to the Village Hidden by Rain? Any luck?" I thanked Teuchi for the food bowing as I stood up from the stool.

"No, sadly." he hung his head down.

I grabbed him by his forearm to embrace him into a hug, "It will be alright. We still have two more villages to look into," I looked up at him, smiling.

I let go to clasp Naruto in a hold, "Thank you for the advice. You are going to be a great Hokage someday!"
Naruto grinned widely from ear to ear.

"It was nice to meet you!" Sakura waved.

"Yeah, we hope to see again someday." Sai followed.

"Bye, Lily and Ethan. See you around." Kakashi added.

I only walked a mere foot away from Ichiraku Ramen when I perceived footsteps from behind me. "Hey, Lily, wait up!" Naruto called out to me.

"I just wanted to say you seem to trust me, and so does Kakashi-sensei, so I’ll trust you too, That’s what being friends means, doesn’t it?"

I felt a sense of relief wash over me as I heard those words. It wasn't too often that someone expressed that level of trust in me, and I appreciated it. It was a good feeling to be trusted, and it meant a lot to me.
"Yes, that's what being friends means," I confirmed, returning her smile with one of my own. "We help each other out, and we can depend on each other when we need it. That's what friends are for, after all."