Chapter 23

Lily:

I make my way toward Capsule Corporation with Ethan. Bulma and several other characters from the recently concluded Tournament sit around a large table, a massive celebration feast before them. Their laughter and chatter fill the air, echoing off the pristine walls. From the doorway, however, they do not notice us.

As we approach Bulma and the others gathered at the large table, the jovial atmosphere is pierced by the sound of our footsteps. Bulma glances up from the celebration, only to be interrupted by her son, Trunks. Their brief exchange reveals that this is not the first time he has been chastised for "inviting teenagers" in the presence of his mother. Bulma's stern gaze is quickly followed by an affectionate gesture toward Trunks, who sheepishly rubs the back of his head, "No, mom. It wasn't me!"

Krillin and Yamaha give us curious glances upon realizing that there are two strangers in their midst. The other gathered fighters remain occupied with their victory festivities, ignoring our presence. For a brief moment, all is silent. Then, as Yamaha ponders aloud the possible reasons for our arrival, I hear Tien scoff. "I doubt it! No one even knew the universe was at stake!" he declares, refusing to even consider that we might be telling the truth.

As we get nearer to the festivities, Goku's voice cuts through the noise and excitement. "Hey, you two! Come join us!" he exclaims enthusiastically, waving us over. Chichi quickly interjects, her irritation clear in her tone. "Goku, this is Bulma's party, and Bulma set everything up! Besides, it's at her house!" her words fill the air even as the others around us continue to carry on with their celebration.

With a hearty laugh, Goku ignores Chichi's protests and ushers us closer to the festive gathering.

Bulma calls out to us with a stern expression. "Well, go on then! Introduce yourselves since you showed up uninvited," she declares coldly, her annoyance evident. With a faint smile, I step forward and make our introductions. "I'm Lily, and this is Ethan," I say.

Ethan steps forward and greets the Z fighters with a smile of his own as the others chuckle at his introduction. "It's great to meet all of you! Sorry for barging in here," he says, his words quickly met by more laughter from the gathered fighters. I let out a sigh of relief, grateful that the tension had been defused. Krillin and Yamaha express their confusion as to how we know about them, considering that nothing is ever broadcast. Their question prompts another round of laughter, this time including myself.

"We, ah... have our sources."

Vegeta's gaze lands on me, and I become flushed with embarrassment. He notices my staring and swallows the food in his mouth before he speaks. "What are you looking at, girl? And who are you?" Bulma scolds him by slapping him upside the head. "Were you not paying attention? They just showed up!" she exclaims. My embarrassment grows even more as I smile and nod to confirm Bulma's explanation.

Bulma's slap causes Vegeta to scoff at her and return to his food, but I notice Piccolo's intense gaze fixed on Ethan. 'Why would he be looking at Ethan so strangely like that? Guys creepy.'

As if sensing my discomfort, Piccolo finally speaks up, asking where Ethan and I come from and how we know they are Z warriors.

Ethan and I ponder how to explain our unusual situation, and Piccolo asks us to elaborate impatiently. We remain silent for a moment before I finally speak, my voice steady despite my inner turmoil.

"Well, to put it lightly, we are from Earth - but from a different Earth. See, from our Earth, you guys are fictional. You come from this book we call mangas named 'Dragon Ball Z' or well, 'Dragon Ball Super'," I say, trying to make the situation sound as reasonable as possible.