Chapter 15

Astra:

Dabi and I nonchalantly strolled through the streets of the city, chatting and laughing along the way. The sky had become cloudy as the temperature dropped. After a while, he took my hand and me to a cemetery. I was a little confused and apprehensive, but he seemed calm and collected.

We reached a cemetery, and I was confused. Why would he bring me here of all places?

He brought me to a grave that read "In Loving Memory: Toya Todoroki. Beloved Son, brother, and future hero." I was taken aback by the grave and the emotions he was feeling.
I felt a sense of sadness as I looked at the grave but was touched by his honesty and vulnerability.
I turned to him, expression worried, and asked, "Aren't you worried that someone might see us here?"
He reached out and took my hand, gently squeezing it. With a soft look in his eyes, he replied, "No, I'm not worried. And I wanted to tell you something important." As he spoke, the look in his eye became more intense, and I could feel my heart swelling in my chest. I knew he was about to say something that would change everything.

I nodded, sensing he was about to reveal something personal. I listened to how he spoke about the fire that had changed his life forever, even though I already knew. He explained how meeting me had helped him see things in a different light.

"I used to hate my family," he admitted. "I blamed them for everything that had gone wrong in my life. But then I met you, and I realized that there was more to life than just anger and hatred. You showed me there was still hope and love in the world."
'A side to Dabi I have never expected, heh, I feel fuzzy inside.'

I smile at him, feeling grateful for his trust and honesty. I squeezed his hand, letting him know I was there for him.

"You're not alone, Dabi. I'll always be here for you, no matter what."
He smiled back at me.

"Dabi, do you ever think to rekindle your relationship with your family?" I continued.

He shook his head, "I am not sure what the future holds, but I am focusing on taking care of myself and healing past wounds. I am open to the possibility of reconnecting with my family in the future. I just need to work through my feelings and emotions first."

"I understand."

"Thank you," he said, looking at me warmly. "It means a lot to hear you say that."

A raindrop dropped on the top of my head, "Heh, looks like the sky is crying for me." He spoke, looking up at the sky.

We both ran over to a nearby gazebo, "I'm sorry for dragging you out here in the rain," he said, feeling a twinge of guilt. "I just wanted to show you something important."

I smiled up at him, shaking my head. "Don't be sorry. I'm glad I came with you. You're not alone, Dabi. I'll always be here for you."

As we stood in the gazebo, enjoying the sound of raindrops tapping against the roof, I turned to Dabi to say, "You know, I always hated your father for what he did to you and your family. It wasn't right."

He wrapped his arms around my waist, "Thank you. I wish you would have been in my life a lot sooner."

"So do I. If only I had made it in the timeline sooner, you could have had a better life."

He leaned in closer, "But you are here now, and thank you for that. You can be a pain in the ass sometimes, though."

"How so?" I questioned laughing.

He laughed as well, "Persistent, strong-willed, doesn't take no for an answer. You are too good for this world."

"Dabi..."