Chapter 32

Astra:

I was checking some paperwork for the injured refugees, trying to figure out who I should assist first for the day. My wound from the bullet was still healing, but not quickly enough to keep me from helping those in need.
The thought of all the people seeking refuge in the city made me angry. If it weren't for AFO and all the prisoners he let out on the streets, this wouldn't be necessary. But since it is, I need to do my part and help however I can.

I knew this would happen, not that it was less devastating than I thought it would be. 'I was obsessed with the anime for fuck sake.'

With a heavy sigh, I walked over to one of my favorite patients, Haruto. He was an older man in his 50s with a small stature, but he was always so friendly and grateful for the care we provided despite the dire situation.

I approached Haruto's bed, and he greeted me with a warm smile despite his dire circumstances.
"Hello, Astra," he said, "How are you today? I'm certainly glad to see you."
I smiled back at him. "I'm doing alright," I replied, "but I'm much happier to see you doing so well, considering the situation we're in. How are you feeling today?"

Haruto smiled knowingly at me. "You know, Astra," he said, "I'm not doing so great, and we both know it. But with all the fighting and turmoil going on, it's really comforting to have someone to talk to." He leaned back in his bed and sighed. "I always look forward to you visiting, it's like a little ray of sunshine in this dark world."
I felt a pang of sadness hearing his words. "Haruto," I said softly, "it's like that for me as well. You're always so friendly and appreciative of the help we provide."

At that moment, I was startled to hear a familiar voice calling out to me. "Hot tea?" I turned around to see Gentle Criminal and La Brava approaching with trays of hot teapots.

I remember the first time that Gentle Criminal and La Brava arrived here, a couple days ago. The pros were trying to turn them away, saying that there was no room for villains at this shelter. But I stood up for them, knowing that they would redeem themselves in the future.

"Thank you for the tea, Gentle. I know you're doing everything you can to help, and I appreciate it." I took the hot cup of tea in my hand and took a sip, allowing the heat to wash over me.

He set down the tray of teapots, smiling. "It's no problem, dearie. We all have to help out where we can, especially in times like these. So, how are you holding up?"

"I am doing the best I can be."

I truly feel like I could have done more to prevent this impending war.

I looked over at the two of them, grateful for the help they'd offered, and proud of their willingness to stand up for us even if they couldn't physically fight. "It's great to see the two of you helping out. I know things have been difficult lately, and it's nice seeing you two here alongside us."

Gentle smiled brightly, "It's no problem, dearie. In a situation like this, we must learn to work together to put a stop to AFO. And thank you for standing up for us in front of the pros."
La Brava chipped in excitedly. "It's true, we know we can't fight, but we are useful in other ways."

I smiled at La Brava's fervor, and at the reminder that everyone has their own talents and skills. She could help in her own way. "Exactly," I agreed. "You each have your own strengths and talents, and it's great to see them being put to good use."

I almost dropped my hot tea when I noticed a familiar young man with spiky brown hair tied back, gray eyes, and a light skin complexion. I was so shocked to see him that my heart started pounding in my chest.
It was Rody Soul! I had never thought I would see him here, but there he was, talking to Izuku with his arm wrapped around him. They were leaning in close to each other, almost as if they were a couple.
I couldn't believe my eyes. How was this possible? I had so many questions, but I didn't know what to say.