Chapter 25

Shigaraki and Sophie:

Shigaraki was hunched over a booth in an out-of-the-way corner of the bar, a glass of whisky cradled in his hands. He took a deep sip, the amber liquid burning pleasantly on the way down as he mulled over Astra's cryptic warning. As the ice cubes within the drink clinked against one another, his mind couldn't help but wonder what it all meant. Surely, they couldn't all simply die after everything they had worked and built for. What did Astra know, anyway?

He took another sip of his drink, the harsh burn of the whisky serving as a welcome distraction from his thoughts. He knew what had to be done. Astra's prophecy was a problem to be dealt with later. Now was no time for doubts or indecision. The liberation of All For One was the only thing that mattered. Only when hero society was brought to its knees could their vision be fully realized. And he would do whatever it took to make it happen, Astra's warnings be damned.

As a momentary break from his thoughts, Shigaraki glanced up across the room. His eyes fell on Sophie, standing across the bar with her back to him as she chatted with the bartender. She was pretty. There was no denying that. Shigaraki studied her for a moment, his gaze slowly drifting from her face to the curve of her hips, the way her hair fell over her shoulder. Maybe he could talk to her. That would take his mind off the prophecy, at least for a while.

He could see Sophie leaving her place by the bar and making her way his way. His mind whirled as he tried to decide what to say to her. This was just what he needed; a distraction from the prophecy and the weight it seemed to be bearing down on his shoulders. He would do what he always did, keep it cool, and be confident. But his heart began to race, and he suddenly felt a touch of nervous excitement fluttering in his stomach.

Sophie made her way over to the booth where Shigaraki sat and slid into the seat across from him. As she approached, she caught sight of his face in her peripheral vision, and her eyes widened slightly. He was... handsome. It was the first thing that came to mind as she took in his sharp, chiseled features, his light blue hair, and sharp, yet somehow still charming eyes. The more she looked, the more her cheeks burned with embarrassment as she realized she was staring.

"What brings you to this side of the city, Sophie?" Shigaraki asked, his voice low and steady. It was only now that he finally looked up from his drink and saw how stunning she was up close. Her warm smile sent a flutter of excitement through his heart.

Sophie shrugged lightly and offered a half-smile. "I was supposed to meet someone. But... I got stood up."

Shigaraki sighed. "That's rough. Can I buy you a drink?" he asked softly, his eyes on her full, pink lips.

Sophie nodded and smiled. "Sure, that'd be nice." The exchange only served to set his heart beating even faster, the flutter of excitement in his chest quickly morphing into a tight, fluttery feeling. The longer they talked, the more he felt drawn to her, the way she smiled, the way she tilted her head. She was captivating.

The bartender walked over and handed Sophie her drink, which she took with a quick thank you. She took a sip before glancing at Shigaraki with a raised eyebrow. "So. What brings you out here alone on a Friday night?" she asked, a spark of mischief in her eye.

Shigaraki paused for a moment, his mind working on how to answer. "Looking for some excitement," he said eventually, meeting her gaze with what he hoped was a confident smile. He was an excellent liar. He wouldn't tell her why he was really there.

Sophie studied his face for a moment before chuckling. "Well, I can definitely appreciate that." She took another sip of her drink and scanned the room, her eyes settling on him again with a playful smirk. "So. What kind of excitement are you looking for?"