Chapter 16

Lily:

"My name's Inosuke! I am king of the mountain and the strongest demon slayer of them all. Either bow down to me or fight me!!" Inosuke exclaimed to me.

"Uh, no," I deadpanned.

"WHAT!?" The boy shouted in anger, "HOW DARE YOU NOT BOW DOWN! I WILL MAKE YOU pay for not acknowledging my greatness!" He snarled furiously, his swords glistening under the moonlight.

"I am just here to search for my, friend!" I put my hands up in defense.

"And why should I listen to a weakling like you?" He scoffed, raising his swords before lowering them again. "Or are you here to fight me? Show me what you got in a hand to hand fight." He challenged, "I'm not afraid to go all out!"

"Good lord! Calm down! Are you really this hot-headed all time?" I raised my voice a little.

"Am I really this hotheaded?" He asked, a vein starting to pop on his forehead and a frown on his face. "OF COURSE I am! Why should you get away with not showing me a little respect?" He hissed, slowly gripping his swords tighter.

"Inosuke! You are scaring Lily! Stop!" Zenitsu stepped in.
"Yeah, she is just here to find her friend. She comes from another dimension, so if we help her, she can give a piece of information about the future." Tanjiro added.

In the recent events that have passed before Ethan and I got here: Tanjiro and his friends have defeated the demons in the entertainment district, following Hashira Tengen Uzui. Oh, to see that man in all his glory, but I am here stuck with these three.

"Ugh, future... blah blah blah..." Inosuke grumbled, rolling his wrist to loosen it up before looking back at them. "Fine, ya can go, but ya gotta admit that I'm the strongest!" He snarled, "Or do I have to drag you into a fight just to prove my point?" He boasted, tapping his swords against each other.
'This guy just doesn't give up'

"Dude, again! I am not here to fight. How many times do I have to tell you before you get it through your thick head?" I was beginning to feel irritated.

"Thick head!?" Inosuke shouted, placing a hand on his shoulder while clenching his fists, "Are you calling me stupid!?" He growled, his face growing red.

I stepped back, eyes wide, "No. I didn't mean that.."

"Good," he snapped, "Cuz if ya were- I woulda' smashed your face into the dirt, no second thoughts." he snickered before crossing his arms defiantly.

"So then ya better not repeat it again." he warned, his chest still rising and falling rapidly.

"Fine. So, what do you all have planned for the day?" I asked, trying to change the mood of this situation.

Inosuke huffed, calming down slightly. "Well, if I didn't have to waste my time with you idiots I could've gone after some bigger beasts." He scoffed, looking away as if disappointed. "I guess I'll have to stick with fighting boars or something along those lines for now," he groaned, shaking his head in frustration.

"My schedule is more of the same, honestly." Tanjiro sighed, rubbing the nape of his neck. "Gotta train every day of the week, or else I'll never be strong enough to protect my family." He admitted, looking down at the ground. "It's hard to keep up with training while also being a demon slayer, but it has to be done." He concluded, his expression becoming slightly solemn.

"Oh um, yeah, no plans, honestly," Zenitsu smirked, his tone changing to a more excited one. "My master taught me a few new thunder breathing techniques, so I'm gonna go put 'em to the test!" He proclaimed, holding his swords out before him in a heroic fashion.