Chapter 26

Astra:

As I woke up, my mind was still foggy, the memories of the past few hours still hazy. Slowly, I blinked as my eyes fluttered open, trying to get my bearings. My ears were filled with a low, dull hum, and my head was spinning.

Gravelly, I breathed out a groan, reaching up to touch the tender bump on my head, the lingering pain making me wince. My gaze slowly drifted around the room, lingering on the white walls, the monitors attached to me beeped steadily, measuring my heart rate and bodily functions. Slowly, I sat up, groaning again as a headache hit me fully.

I noticed the others in the room, my confusion only growing as I saw Keigo, Best Jeanist, and Aizawa staring at me. I tried to remember what happened to me to land myself here, but the memory was still hazy.

"W-Where am I?" I asked, the haze in my thoughts causing my words to come out slowly.

Aizawa cleared his throat, glancing towards the others who all looked concerned at my condition.

"Astra, you hit your head," Aizawa began slowly, my gaze drifting to him as he continued. "You're currently in the hospital, and we were waiting to see if you would wake up."

A cold shiver ran through me as I slowly began to recall what had happened, a sense of dread sinking into me.

"I-I... f-fainted?"

Keigo shifted slightly, looking back towards Aizawa and Best Jeanist as they waited for his next response. Aizawa sighed, thinking of his next words.

"Hawks, said you received a message right before you fainted," Aizawa explained to me. "Do you remember what it said?"

His tone was patient and understanding, his eyes full of compassion. I bit my lip, my hands shaking slightly as I tried to recall.

"It's been about a month since I started receiving these strange anonymous messages. The person remains unknown, but the messages seem to know a lot about me and even claim I'm from another universe and know the future. I have no idea how All For One found out about these things, but he knows, and I'm scared." I say to Keigo, Aizawa, and Best Jeanist.

Keigo was the first to speak. He said, "Well, this can't be good."
Aizawa was next, and he seemed annoyed. He asked, "Why didn't you say anything, Astra? You know we're supposed to protect you, and this is the last thing we want happening."
Best Jeanist stayed silent, and I could feel everyone's tension in the room.

Aizawa spoke again, "What did the messages you received say exactly?"
I took a deep breath and then began to tell them everything that AFO had told me in the messages and how often I had received them. I was also honest about how scared I had been and that I hadn't told them before because I didn't want to cause any more worries or stress.
As I spoke, I could see the concerned and worried looks on their faces. But also their determination to find out more and protect me from the danger.

Best Jeanist stayed quiet for a moment before stepping forward. He spoke in a gentle voice, "Astra, I understand why you kept this from us. But we have to take these messages very seriously, and I'm glad you're here safe now."
I felt comforted by his understanding and concern for my safety. He continued, "Have you received any more messages from AFO since you've been here?"

I shook my head. As I said, "No, I haven't had any messages since I've been here. But I haven't checked my phone yet."
Best Jeanist frowned, and I could tell he was worried. He turned to Aizawa and said, "If AFO knows where Astra is and that we're protecting her, I'm worried that these messages are a warning."

I was laid in the hospital bed when I heard the door open and recognized the voices of All Might and Endeavor. I frowned when I heard Endeavor's voice and thought to myself, "Oh, great! Dad of the year is here."
As I heard him raise his voice, I turned my head and felt a pang of annoyance. I stayed quiet and waited for someone to explain to Endeavor what had happened.