Chapter 41

Dabi's body convulsed violently, writhing in pain and anguish as loud, inhuman screams of grief tore their way from his lips. He clutched desperately at the lifeless body of the girl he loved, his eyes glazed over with the agony of losing yet another person close to him. His whole body quivered as he tried to make sense of the situation, refusing to believe what had just happened until it was all too late. His body slowly went limp, and tears stung his eyes, his heart shattered and his world torn asunder.

Dabi gently brushed her strands of hair away from her pale, cold face in utter dismay, trying to comprehend the situation. "Astra... please come back, Doll... I love you... Please come back..." he whispered softly, still in disbelief.

Kiyah suddenly walked over, slipping free from Aizawa's capture scarf with ease. She was visibly distraught to see Dabi holding Astra's lifeless body in grief, her face stricken with pain and sorrow.

Kiyah slowly knelt down to Dabi's level, attempting to touch Astra's body out of concern. Dabi clutched Astra even closer to his body, clearly horrified and upset. "Don't you touch her! NONE of you touch her!" he yelled at the gathered crowd, his voice filled with fierce intensity. It was clear that he was in deep shock and had not yet begun to process what had happened. He was protective of Astra, guarding her body with both sorrow and grief, and would not allow anyone to move her.

Kiyah spoke softly, her voice tinged with sorrow. "Dabi... I can help... I can bring her back..."

Dabi looked at her with hopeful yet still skeptical eyes. "How can you possibly do that?" he asked, bloodied tears still staining his face as he slowly calmed himself down.

Kiyah sheepishly replied with an embarrassed smile. "I may have downplayed my quirk a bit..." She paused for a moment, as if debating whether or not to reveal her true power.

Dabi was slowly regaining his composure, yet still looking at Kiyah with a tinge of uncertainty.
"What do you mean downplayed? How much of a downplay are we talking about?" Aizawa curiously asked Kiyah.

Kiyah confidently replied with a grin. "Well, my real quirk name is Necromancy. I can bring people back from the dead. Only if they have been gone for 24 hours or less. I can bring her back, Dabi. I can bring Astra back." Aizawa's jaw dropped, his eyebrows rising in shock and surprise.

Dabi slowly loosened his grip on Astra's body after a moment, watching carefully as Kiyah finally managed to pry her away from him. He remained still, his sharp eyes glued to Kiyah's every move as she began to lay Astra down on the ground gently and give her a sad smile. He slowly nodded in approval, his body finally beginning to relax with the faint spark of hope he felt. 

Kiyah nodded slowly, looking solemnly at Astra's body. "Alright... Astra... let's bring you back to us." she said quietly as she began to perform her strange and unknown spell.

Kiyah gently placed her hand on Astra's forehead and heart, her quirk slowly beginning to work. She closed her eyes, concentrating deeply as she took slow, steady breaths. 

She could feel the familiar warmth of her quirk beginning to flow through her body, the heat slowly spreading throughout her body. She felt a sense of comfort and relief as the powers of her quirk seemed to be working. There was a flicker of electricity that traveled across Astra's body.

Kiyah's hands were trembling slightly as she felt Astra's life force, which she sensed was weak and vulnerable. Whatever had killed her had been incredibly powerful. It was then that she felt that moment of hope slip back into her, her quirk's powers able to bring Astra's life back into existence. She was slowly able to grasp and tug at Astra's weak life force, pulling it back into the world and into Astra's body.

Kiyah's hand continued to tremble as she felt Astra's life force returning, and she could sense the faint thump of Astra's heart, its rhythm slowly and slightly returning. It was faint, but it was definitely a sign that Astra's life was being resurrected at the moment.