Chapter 37

Lily and Ethan:

Lily was glued to her phone, anxiously waiting for Ethan's reply. Dr. David was busy working on his computer, diligently searching through the multiple universes they'd already checked. Both had been certain that Astra would be found in an earlier universe, but she hadn't been. Now, after several unsuccessful searches, it was their last chance. They could only hope that Astra would be found in this last universe they had yet to explore.

My Hero Academia.

Dr. David finished calibrating the final portal, confident that it would lead Lily and Ethan directly to Astra. Lily eagerly inspected the computer screen, anxious to discover the location of their long-lost friend.

"Thanks to Ethan, it was easier to pinpoint Astra's location," Dr. David explained.

"And this portal should take us straight to her," Lily inquired, "No more hopping between worlds to find her?"

"Correct," Dr. David confirmed, "No more hopping between worlds or wasting time and resources in futile search attempts."

Lily's phone suddenly began to ring, her gaze falling on the screen when she noticed that it was Ethan calling.

"Where the hell are you? We need to get going!" Lily shouted into the phone.

"Sorry. I had a few things to grab from my place," Ethan explained through the line, "I am 5 minutes out."

Lily let out a frustrated growl. "Whatever, hurry up!"

Ethan eventually arrived, attired in a slick black trench coat, casual clothes, and a duffel bag. Lily noticed Ethan's outfit upon his arrival and didn't hesitate to question the ensemble choice.

"What's with the trench coat?" Lily inquired.

"I figured I would look fashionable today," Ethan replied with a smirk.

Lily rolled her eyes, "Whatever. Boys seriously have no fashion sense."

"Ready for the final mission?" Dr. David asked Lily and Ethan, his expression confident and determined.

Lily immediately replied with a loud "Hell Yeah!" as she grabbed her own duffel bag.

Ethan stood silently for a moment, considering the risks they were about to face. A part of him was nervous and unsure, but another part knew that it must be done.

"Just remember: this is the last time you can use the portal," Dr. David informed them, "You may not be able to come back."

Lily and Ethan were both silent for a moment, fully understanding the magnitude of the warning. Despite the risk, there was no choice. They had to try to find Astra, whatever the cost. With a deep breath, Ethan confirmed that they were ready to proceed.

"We understand," Ethan said in a firm tone, "Let's get going."

Lily nodded as she grabbed her duffel bag. "We've come this far, we can't give up now!"

Dr. David smiled confidently. "Good luck, kids. I have faith in you."

Lily and Ethan approached the portal, eager to see their mission through to the end. Lily turned slightly and said a quick, heartfelt goodbye to Dr. David before they stepped into the swirling vortex.

Lily arrived in front of an abandoned-looking mansion surrounded by overgrown grass and brush. She immediately brushed herself off, ready to search for Astra. As she turned, however, she was shocked to see that Ethan was nowhere to be found.

"Son of a bitch! You have got to be kidding me!"

"Ethan!" Lily shouted into the air, frantic and confused. "Ethan, where are you?" She asked, desperate for any clues as to where Ethan might be.
-------------------------------------
The Straw Hat Pirates' raid on Onigashima was underway, and the crew was reveling in their victory. Jimbei had finally joined the crew, and the excitement was palpable.