Chapter 20

Astra:

I was laid out on the couch reading Edgar Allen Poe, emersed in his story The Raven. I already had my training with Aizawa earlier in the day, so I was just trying to relax.

When I heard my text notification go off, I set my book down on the couch and glanced at my phone. I couldn't believe it - it was a text from Toga.

>3:57pm: Astra, come over. I have something to show you! -Toga

I quickly texted back, "Coming right over!" with a few happy emojis thrown in for good measure. I quickly got dressed and headed out the door, leaving a note behind for Keigo to let him know where I would be.

As I arrived at the mansion, my heart was racing with anticipation. What could Toga be wanting to show me? I crossed inside and was greeted with pitch-black darkness and silence.

"Toga?" I called out. "Twice? Toya?" With my senses on high alert, I began to feel a sense of anxiety.

My senses were on high alert when the door suddenly slammed shut behind me, and I found myself in complete solitude, my anxiety growing.

"Guys! This isn't funny!" I shouted into the darkness.

The lights suddenly came back on, illuminating everyone's excited faces. "Surprise!" they all shouted in unison. "Happy birthday, Astra!"

I find the entire League in party hats, Twice holding a terrible-looking cake with a chefs hat on. "How did you guys know it was my birthday?" I laughed, my hand on my hip.

Mr. Compress stepped forward, "We have our ways, my dear."

I turned to Mr Compress, who smiled and nodded. "It was actually Dabi's idea."

"Oh really?" I chuckled in surprise, glancing at Toya. "I told him not to make a big deal out of it."

"Well, it's nothing much, doll." Toya shrugged, walking over to me to where I stood, "It was Magne's idea." He gave me a kiss on the forehead and smiled a little.

"Hey, the girl deserves a good party!" Magne protested.

Toya sighed and looked over at Shigaraki, who scratched his neck, wanting cake.

Everyone chuckled and laughed as the party got started. The terrible cake was laid out on the table, and everyone helped themselves to a piece.

"Come on, Astra. Try your cake." Toga urged.

I rolled my eyes playfully and tried a piece of the cake. It was terrible, but I didn't have the heart to tell Toga.

I decided to make conversation as we all gathered around the table to eat the terrible cake. I leaned toward Toya, my head on his shoulder.

"So, Toya," I began. "What have you been up to lately?"

Toya shrugged and traced his fingers up amd doen my arm. "Nothing much, really. Just staying busy with League stuff, doll," he confessed.

I smiled gently at him and took a bite of the awful cake. We laughed and chatted some more as we ate.

I enjoyed my conversation with Toya and the rest of the League. I heard another familiar voice in the background.

The voice belonged to my best friend, Twice. He was talking with some of the other League members, and as I listened in, I couldn't help but laugh at some of their funny jokes.

"Oh Toya, don't be so negative," I heard Twice's voice say in response to something Toya had said. "I'm sure the cake tastes just fine."

I chuckled and listened in as an interesting conversation about the terrible cake developed. As the discussion progressed, Toya, got more involved in the conversation and started defending the cake.