Chapter 45

Astra:

Splashing water on my face, I stare at my reflection in the mirror. Dark circles under my eyes reveal a lack of sleep. What's wrong with me? Is AFO back to torment me with more of his mind games? Am I going insane?

There is no way that is even possible. I absorbed his soul before I died.

I look down at my hands, wishing I didn't get burdened with this type of quirk. One, I still can't even understand the extent of or even use without someone practically dying.

I turn away from the mirror, trying to ignore the fatigue and anxiety taking over me. I need to rest, yet I can't keep my eyes closed. Could I be losing control of myself? No, I know I can't let the fear take over. I just need a plan.

After the events in the karaoke room, I realized that I needed help. Everyone, including some pro heroes and Toya, agreed that I was in need of assistance.

They found a quirk-user named Oil Lance who specializes in mind-related quirks. I was scheduled to meet with him today. I needed to know what was wrong with me, and I hoped that he could provide me with some answers. I couldn't just sit back and watch myself go down whatever path I was on. I needed to act before it was too late.

Walking out of the bathroom, I was startled to see Toya right there. "Gah! Toya! You scared me!"

"Sorry, Doll," he said, hugging me tightly. The tears began to flow as he held me. I couldn't fight them back anymore. I needed this release, and I needed this comfort. Toya was there for me again, just like always.

I hated this feeling of being helpless.

As I began to cry in Toya's arms, he comforted me and held me close. "Shh... It's okay, Doll. It's okay..." he shushed and stroked my hair.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, letting out a sigh as I let my worries and pain slip away.

With Toya cupping my face in his hands, I could feel his warmth and support. "I just want it to stop," I told him. "I keep seeing the shadows and things that aren't there. I can't sleep well anymore. I just can't handle it."

Toya gave me a reassuring look. "It's going to be okay," he said. "We're going to figure this out. We'll go see Oil Lance, and everything is going to be okay."

I couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt. I hoped he didn't feel as if he had failed to protect me from whatever had been going on. He had done so much for me and had always been there when I needed him. I wanted him to know that I appreciated and loved him, no matter what. We would get through this together.
---------------------------------
As Toya and I waited to be called to see Oil Lance, All Might, Endeavor, Present Mic, and Aizawa were in the waiting room with us.

They were all having a conversation as if I wasn't there.

"Hmm... so she sees these dark shadows and believes they're real?" Aizawa questioned.

"Yes," Toya explained. "It's strange, but when she sees these things, it's like I can feel their presence."

Toya's words caused a tingle to run up my spine. Something about these "shadows"... I couldn't shake the feeling that there was more than just my imagination at play here.

"That damn AFO is definitely behind this somehow," Endeavor declares, his voice dripping with anger.

"That has never been his MO," All Might disagrees. "Boasting and talking has always been his thing."

"Then it must be an outside attack," Present Mic agrees with All Might. "What villain do we know of that attacks a person in their mind? Could it be a person with a mind-related quirk?"