Paper Rings

"Unnie, when I'm older.. will you marry me?" the thirteenth years old girl asked. Jihyo smiled and booped her nose. "You want to marry me?" the girl nodded. "But when you are older, you probably gonna find another man or woman who's prettier and better than me, Tzuyu." Tzuyu shook her head.

"No! No one is prettier and better than Jihyo unnie! You're the bestest girl I've ever met!" The younger hugged her and nuzzled to her chest. She can't help but find her very cute as she brought her closer to her chest and held her small body on her laps. She giggled and kissed the younger's cheek.

"Well, if you want to marry me, than you have to study very hard , Tzu! because I want a really big ring for my wedding!" Tzuyu's eyes widened at Jihyo's words.

She looked to a stack of colored papers on Jihyo's desk and escaped from Jihyo's embrace. "Unnie, can I use those papers? She pointed to the desk and Jihyo immediately nodded. "sure, baby. just don't make a mess." And with Jihyo's permission, she jumped out if the bed and sat on the desk.

Jihyo tried hard not to look at what's the younger up to. Tzuyu looked so busy and concentrated on making something witg the paper. She cut and folded the paper, her ears perked up due to her concentration making it looked like a star wars character, Baby Yoda.

It took Tzuyu nearly 10 minutes to finally get off the table and ran back to Jihyo who patiently (not really, she kept on whining while waiting for Tzuyu) waited for her curiously. "I can't buy a ring for you yet but will this be okay?" She put the thing in Jihyo's hand. It was a ring, specifically a paper ring. It was in blue and red colour which was both their favourite colour.

"A paper ring?" Tzuyu nodded, smiling sheepishly making her dimples visible. Jihyo had to hold herself back from pinching and biting Tzuyu's dimples. She giggled and observed the paper ring. It was cute, she thought. "Do I have to put it on by myself?" Tzuyu shook her head and took the ring in Jihyo's hand before putting it on Jihyo's ring finger. "I'm going to marry you one day, unnie! I promise you!" She hugged Jihyo and kissed her cheeks repeatedly. All Jihyo could do was laughed until Tzuyu was finished and pulled her for a hug before cuddling with her until they fell asleep.

11 years later..

"since when did you grow so tall?" Jihyo groaned, she was tiptoeing to get the ball in Tzuyu's hands. It's not fair, she thought. Tzuyu is 11cm taller than her, how is she supposed to get the ball from Tzuyu's hands. Then an idea popped in her mind. She grinned and punched Tzuyu's chest which make the younger yelped and fell to the ground while holding her chest.

"T-that's not fair!" Tzuyu whined when Jihyo cheered as the balk when through the hoop making their scores tied. "It's fair when we're playing." Jihyo laughed at her and sat beside her. "You're cheater." Tzuyu rolled her eyes and sat on the bench near the basketball court. "I'm not a cheater.." Jihyo picked up the ball and joined Tzuyu on the bench, still laughing.

They just stayed quiet, admiring the view infront of then when suddenly Tzuyu's stomach grumbled. "Are you skipping lunch again?" Tzuyu immediately shook her head. "No!" She lied.

"Liar! What's wrong with you! You've been like this for years! What's wrong? You have to eat, Tzu! Skipping meals is bad for your health.." Jihyo hit the younger's shoulder. "Why? Anyone says you eat too much? Tell me!" The playful expression on Jihyo a while ago immediately dropped, turning into a new worried expression.

"No, I'm eating fine, okay? I promise you this is the last time I skipped my meal.. I'm not going to skip meals anymore. Okay? I promise you, Jihyo unnie.." Tzuyu intertwined her finger with Jihyo's. Promising that she won't skip her meals anymore. It was hard to believe Tzuyu for Jihyo. Because she'd known Tzuyu for years and she knows how Tzuyu is. But seeing the innocent round eyes looking deep into Jihyo with hopes and sincereness, she decied to believe Tzuyu this time.