CHAPTER 9: AVERISTA♥️

I pushed the front door of our trailer open and barged in.

"Thank hell you're here," Mom sighed. "I was starting to get worried. What took you so long?"

I dropped the groceries on top of the table and caught my breath.

I felt like I had zombied my way back home. I could hardly remember putting one foot in front of the other at any point. I only knew that I got home.

I had drowned in my head. Thoughts going round and round, like an everlasting hurricane.

Why was I still thinking about her?–No, why was she not leaving my mind?

Our encounter kept replaying itself in my head like something pulled out of a movie, and I hated it. I hated myself for worrying about someone who didn't even know my name. Someone who probably didn't give two shits about my existence.

Yet here I was, wishing I had her phone number or something just so I could check if she got home safe and sound.

I wanted to be her guidance.

Not to make her feel like she was lacking or anything. No. Just to make her feel like she wasn't alone.

Why did I even care if she was alone? I shouldn't care.

Wait–Did she live somewhere around these streets? Was her home close by?

How did she end up in that dangerous situation? And what if I hadn't been there to save her? What would have happened?

Karma. Karma. Karma.

I wasn't a believer, but it appeared as if all that was happening was part of someone's plan. There was a mastermind who had plotted all this up.

It was like solving a puzzle piece.

Should I be glad that at least there's one person I wouldn't be able to freeze into stone?

"Avery?" My mother's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

I realized I had frozen right before her eyes and she had been watching me.

"Mh?"

"Are you okay?"

How could I even answer that? I was okay, but I also wasn't.

"Yeah," I gave her a nod. "I–um, I just need a little rest, I think. I need to go take a rest. I'm tired."

"Oh," Mom watched me, worried. "Go on. I'll wake you up when the food is ready."

I just wanted to be alone.

"Okay." I began my way to the bedroom, only for her to stop me with a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

I couldn't look her in the eyes, afraid she might read something she shouldn't.

"Yes, Mom. I'm just exhausted." I took her hand off of me and left the room.

When I dropped myself on my bunk, I thought of how Dativa had insisted that I had a crush on the blonde queen.

For a minute, I wished it didn't show. I wished I could just stop looking at her all the time and that she stopped catching my attention with her presence. I wished Dativa couldn't read it on my face and that I could keep my damn feelings in check and to myself.

Then suddenly I could see her looking back at me again in my head. The fear in her eyes when she was in danger and the way she cried for help.

I wished I wasn't a monster.

I wished I was a normal human that could actually be a friend to her.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Comment ❤️ Vote 🌟
Be unapologetic 😑
Break the rules ✔️
Prioritize yourself ‼️

your author,
immie