CHAPTER 30: PHOEBE💙

Here's your weekly treat!😊
Hope y'all doing okay

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, you two make such a freaking hot couple," Noreen marked with a laugh as we walked down the halls to the hotel exit.

I was a distance in front of her, my strides too quick because of the anger burning in my system. Thanks to her for interrupting me and Averista.

"I totally ship it," she added in a giggle, clapping. As if her fangirling could add any good to her bank account. I couldn't hate her more and it took everything in me not to slap her on the face.

"Barbie and her monster sitting on a tree," she sang in a cute little tone while laughing. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

I scoffed, cursing under my breath at her childish behavior.

"Too bad this sweet love story is going to end the way I know it would," she kept on, fake sadness dripping from every word that came out of her mouth. "One with her prize, and the other? Caged."

Her voice emphasized on the word 'Caged', rubbing salt into my wounds.

"How sad," she let out a fake sigh of disappointment. "The poor monster is getting tricked. How ruthless of our sweet loving miss goody-goody Barbie doll. It pains me, honestly. But I guess I just have to sit here and witness a murder."

We finally reached outside and I've never felt so grateful. I was on the edge to pay her money just so she could shut up.

A limo cruised to a stop in front of us on cue.

I heard Nory move to open the door before guiding me in, like a good best friend she was supposed to be.

And I let her.

I let her do what she wanted and pretended to be okay in order to fit into the higher version of me I was yet to become.

As if we were really best friends. In reality, we both knew we wouldn't hesitate to grab the littlest chance we could get to slit each other's throats.

"Get yourself changed, princess," Nory muttered when the car halted.

I could hear her pop out and I waited until she said, "Come on" to follow her.

I stepped the wrong way, almost loosing balance but she caught me, saving my face from hitting the ground.

I pulled away quickly, not wanting to owe her anything for taking care of me when she shouldn't.

"Watch those heels," she marked. "Just a warning."

She helped me up the steps and into the living room before letting go of my arm.

Nory's footsteps moved away before coming back to me again. I felt her place something on my hand. My cane.

"Go on," she ushered. "And don't take forever."

I sighed before heading upstairs.

"Just so you know, the party theme color is green!" She called out in addition and I slammed the door in reply.

Finally alone, I pulled out my cellphone and called Averista. While the phone buzzed, I began to take off my clothes.

"Hey beautiful," her voice came out in loud speaker. Her words already interfered with my train of thoughts and I almost forgot how to greet someone back.

"H–hey," I did not know what to say next but luckily, she broke in.

"There's this place I wanna take you. Somewhere close to the park," she said. "Would you like to come with me?"