BONUS CHAPTER💛

Another bonus chapter in Dativa's POV (I'm in love with this piece btw).

Enjoy!

     -----------------------------------------------------------

DATIVA

Every time Noreen and I met up, I sensed a part of me merging with her.

I was a bird losing feathers. And I didn't like it one bit. So I had to claim my boundaries.

"You need to stop coming over." I marked sternly.

Noreen halted on her way to pick up her discarded lace panties from the floor of my bedroom.

She turned around to face me. And I almost took my words back at the artistry in her nakedness. I immediately cursed at how much of a reaction she brought out of me.

Originally, I meant this to be a one-night affair. But she settled in and I became defensive, and she was not the type to accept rejection, hence our current situation.

She was a red flag. And I knew better than to be sleeping around with a bitch like her. She was a replica of Phoebe, if not worse. Then why couldn't I stop calling her back? Perhaps I was simply a sucker for drama. A walking result of some unhealed childhood trauma.

Staring each other down, but really, I failed the contest because sooner than ever; I turned my eyes away. To hell with her sexiness. I had to stay solid on my ground. I wanted to force her into a garbage sack and throw her out of the window. But I couldn't.

Every time I saw her face, her eyes, her everything . . . I tended to forget who I was.

I was a girl determined to get my bachelor's degree, get it over with, and finally live my life freely. That's all I was before Noreen stumbled into my life and ruined everything.

Strangers. That's all we were before the day Averista said hello to Phoebe for the first time. That's when my eyes met the redhead's and before I realized it, she had hunted me down like some prey.

She wanted to sleep with me. She had put it that blunt and clear, almost made me choke on my food when she asked for my number that day. Talk about a bold confession. How I wished Averista was there to smack some sense into my head, but she was nowhere to be seen.

So I let Noreen have her way.

Just once. That's what I told myself a month ago. Look at me now . . .

I had told her a countless number of times how crucial it was for her to leave me alone, despite my inner conflict. I detested her sudden prominence in my life. Not to mention her nonnegotiable presence in my daily routine. Perhaps I just loved the thrill of it—the racing of heartbeats whenever we were in the same room, the shaking of hands whenever I was struggling to stay put and stop thinking about touching her again, the anxiety of how the hookup culture was so against my personal values, the depression of how I might never pull myself out of this mess if I didn't watch how deep I was going, and the sadness of how she was always there for me like a friend more than a fling.

I wanted Noreen out of my life. Right fucking now.

"Why?" she asked, like always.

I sighed before giving her the same old answer I had been giving her for the past weeks.

"Because I don't do such bullshit. And I told you I'm in love with someone else."

But I guess it was pointless to say that to a girl like Noreen, who literally slept with every person on planet earth. It was funny how pure she made me feel whenever we made love, considering how much of a dirty slut she was. Yes, made love. Not fucked.