CHAPTER 11: AVERISTA♥️

I watched the exchange of expressions between the blonde queen and her friend, and from twenty seats away, I could sense the tight air between them.

Something inside of me curled into a knot when the blonde queen grimaced before storming out of the lecture hall.

"You okay?" Dativa nudged me while she took her notes.

I couldn't understand why was I even in there. The only thing I had been concentrating on was . . . that girl. Nothing else. And now I was worried about her.

Worried about a stranger. I almost scoffed at myself.

"Yeah," I lied. "I'm good."

Dativa smiled before patting my back, as if she knew I needed it. Maybe she knew what was going on. But again, no. Unless she could read my mind.

"If you're not fine, I'm always here for you, okay?" She whispered, her hand reaching for mine below the desks. "I can take you home if you wanna. And don't worry about your attendance, I can talk to the lecturer about it."

Dativa was the nicest friend I ever had. Maybe even the nicest person I've ever met, but again, my mind was somewhere else. On someone else.

"It's cool, I'm fine," I moved her hand away. "Just gotta go to the bathroom."

I excused myself, ignoring her eyes of worry, following me all the way out.

Bathroom my foot. I walked all around the building in search of someone that I assumed was there. The blonde queen.

And I found her sitting on the stair.

When I caught sight of her, I hesitated a bit.

But then her blue eyes moved around, only to settle on me. Or was I having delusions?

For a minute, I questioned my sanity and my entire existence.

Did she really not see me? Why did I feel like she was always looking at me? Did she even remember me, the girl who once complimented her? If she couldn't see my face, was there another way that she could remember me? My voice maybe.

I needed her to remember.

I wanted her to never forget me and make me a permanent part of her memories. I wanted to be a creature swarming inside her head like a never ending song, the one she thought about 24/7. And I wanted all that shamelessly from a total stranger. Was it too much to ask?

"Hey"

Her voice was like a melody, waking me up from my head. I was standing right before her when I got back to my senses. And for a moment, I panicked. How the hell did I even have the audacity to walk over to her? Was I that whipped that I couldn't control my legs anymore?

"Wait–how did you know I was here?"

I was confused.

"Anybody can sense when someone is near," she tilted her chin up and I swear she was looking up at me. Like really looking at me. "It's a human thing."

Our eyes locked up together, as if she could actually see me.

Her pupils glowing, her straight blonde waves framing her oval face and cascading down her back, her lips pursed in a light pink . . . For the hundredth time, her mesmerizing beauty took me aback.

The more I stared, the more my heart froze. And to think I was the one with poisonous eyes that could turn every being to stone. When it was her, it horrified me. If she was the gorgon, I wouldn't have minded being frozen to death with those beautiful eyes. I would've stood right there and let her take my soul in every single horrid way she desired to. I was all hers. All to take and never return.

"It's you, right?" she turned away, making me wish I could turn her eyes back to me. "You're that girl?"

She remembered me?

I hoped she was talking about the girl who told her she was beautiful, not the girl who saved her in the alleyway. No, not the latter. Please, not the latter.

"What girl?" I trembled.

"That girl," she repeated. Her expression looked like she was trying to recall a memory. "You said I was beautiful."

A sudden smile crept up my face, her words jolting my guts awake.

"So . . . you remember me?"

"Of course. Your cologne still lingers," she admitted vaguely. "It's all over the air."

I smiled delightedly because she had taken a record of my scent.

"I feel like you can actually see me." I marked, sitting down next to her.

It wasn't until I was closer to her did my eyes trace out the lines of dried tears on her cheeks. Had she been crying?

The thought of it broke my heart. Why would someone even make her cry? She was too marvelous to cry. I didn't want to see her cry. It hurt to even think of her crying.

"No, but I think I can trace you." With her index finger, she trailed on the air in slow motion, tracing the profile of my body. It was a cute sight to watch. "Nory said you have chocolate skin and braids . . . Is that true?"

Who's Nory? The friend who she just had a fight with?

"Um–yeah."

For a second, I was glad she couldn't see my messy hair. I seriously needed a retouch.

"She also said you're cute . . . Is that true too?"

I chuckled, but before I could reply -

"Of course, but she's more handsome than cute." Dativa's voice barged in, and I almost shrieked at her sudden appearance.

She looked like an angry mom, and I was the naughty kid with my hand in the cookie jar. What can I say, I guess she caught me red-handed. Bathroom where?

"Dativa." I said her name, not knowing what else to do.

"I thought you said you're going to the bathroom?" She raised a brow and stood akimbo, looking between me and the blonde queen back and forth.

"Who's there?" The blonde queen turned to me.

"Um, my friend, her name is Dativa." I made clear.

"Oh," the blonde queen smiled, turning her eyes in front of us where Dativa stood with an irritated expression that made me question my whole life decisions. "Hey Dativa–"

Before the blonde queen could even finish, Dativa grabbed and pulled me away.

"What the fuck, Tiva?” I yelled as she dragged me all the way to the parking lot and pulled the passenger door of her car open and pushed me in.

I was too startled to even speak because I had never seen her act that way. Confused, I watched her storm to the driver's seat and drive off like her life depended on it.

She looked pissed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Smile 😊 Stay healthy 😜
Comment ❤️ Vote 🌟
Love y'all 💗

your author,
immie