CHAPTER 50: AVERISTA♥️

The rattling of my cage ceased. I presumed it marked my arrival in whatever place they had dragged me into.

Before I could breathe, they ripped the blindfold off of me. My eyes burnt.

I couldn't move. Still tightly cuffed.

When my eyes opened, I wasn't sure what I saw first, the crimson red of the enormous curtain or Pandora's box being flicked open before me.

I yelped, a pain striking somewhere inside my brain.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the throne of wonders!"

McQuinn's proud voice reverberated all around the dark walls. Then the curtains slowly sprang open to reveal a stage.

I silently prayed for the goddess to swallow me whole as the goosebumps in my arms intensified.

A horde of people watched me from their seats, like I was a wrong doer about to be crucified.

It hit me hard as they dragged me towards my ending. I could never live with myself after literally watching my darkest nightmare come alive.

"Before you, I present the legendary kraken killer head and the aftermath of the sea god's wrath . . . The queen of serpents. Medusa, in flesh and blood!"

Stage freak. Stage freak. Stage freak.

That's all I could think as my tears failed me, sprawling over like a new born river.

I wished Phoebe killed me earlier, so I wouldn't live to see this.

My mother sat with them. She was a part of the crowd of 'deities'. A couple of high reputable men next to her. Among them, I caught a noticeable face. New but recognizable because it almost felt like looking at a faraway mirror.

A man with my face. And it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who the hell he was.

Joseph Msafiri.

In all his dark-skinned, suit and tie menace, he seemed eager to dive into this entire show.

I didn't want to know whether he knew me or not. I had enough heartbreaks for the past hours. The pain was enough . . . and still overwhelming. I couldn't carry anymore.

All of those people sitting there watched me with a business interest, like they were checking out a new pair of trending shoes. It was beyond me.

McQuinn's voice filled the background before a host took over while my body stiffened . . . numbing at being ripped open so brutally to please a bunch of egotistical bastards.

How did it feel, I pondered, to have someone at your mercy? At their knees . . . to do for you as you please, to unstitch their wounds and have a peek inside.

How did it feel?

I didn't know the answer to that. Because all I could feel was the weaker body's feelings. The abuse. The vulnerability. The loss of freedom.

It shifted my energy and something boiled inside of me. My bones ached, splintering me. A crimson red flame on my skin, burning my surface into a somber emerald green, strengthening and filling me up like gasoline.

My body charged, my hunger raving and heaving.

'They lit up the fire. So now they gotta watch it burn.' A strange unknown voice spoke inside of my head.

Medusa had finally spoken to me, devouring matters into her own gut. 

So I let her do as she pleased. I let her take the reins and slither inside with her profound, bloodcurdling, and treacherous heat.