BONUS CHAPTER💛

I meant to post this chapter yesterday bcs it was my idol's birthday, but my Wattpad had glitches so here it is today  . . .
Bonus chapter in Dativa's POV☺️

Have a great weekend y'all!

      -------------------------------------------------------------

DATIVA

The first time I arrived, I felt out of place.

Not only was I uncertain about the circumstances, but also, initiating a conversation with a stranger was a bit of a challenge. What happened to the self-confidence affirmations I had been reciting all morning? No idea.
The perfection I had envisioned for my first day of college was now nothing but pure chaos. I even wore my favourite orange headphones for good vibes. Good vibes good life, right? But it seemed I was attracting anything but good vibes.

Maybe coming to somewhere new all by myself wasn't such a great idea? I was on the edge of reconsidering my decision to join a university that differed from what all my high school friends applied to. Perhaps it would've been easier and probably less intimidating if I had someone to get lost with and question my purpose with.

"Hey."

Someone behind me touched the back of my elbow, making me turn around in a flash.

I came face to face with a demi-goddess.

The most good-looking person I've ever encountered. And trust me, I've met awfully hell good-looking people from teenage hood modelling gigs to understand that.

But this girl? She was a new gene. My agency would've made good use of her, and maybe even throw her into some good-paying girl-on-girl porn performance if she was adventurous enough.

An undiscovered species whose gaze made my heartbeat turn into a freaking marathon on the instant.

"Your expression clearly says you're as lost as I am. Please tell me you're a fresher, too?" She asked, hope and anxiety mixed up on her lulu face.

"Here for Zoology 201 in Julius Theatre 1 too?"

"Of course!" Light exploded in her dark eyes, making me wish I could find a way to do it again. "Not sure if this is the right building, though. With this hell of a campus, why the fuck they didn't give out maps during orientation week is extremely beyond me."

I chuckled at that.

Why did curse words sound so hot when they came from good-looking people?

Then I noticed her hand was still holding onto my elbow, like she was trying not to lose the balance between gravity. Little did she know, I would catch her before she could even slip.

"Let's keep searching, I guess?" I shrugged, making steps forward. "C'mon."

She remained still.

I was about to ditch her, but I remembered how my mother used to say if you want something, then go get it. Don't let it pass you by.

And no. I didn't want this to be the first and last conversation I ever had with this marvelous human being from heavens knew where. Heck, even her energy was marvelous. She was too beguiling to ignore. Besides, it wasn't me to see something I liked, then let it go. I saw it; I liked it; I got it. That was the rule.

"God – by the time we find the damn classroom, the session would be over." She complained.

"It'll be worth it, anyway. We still have to attend the same damn class every week, remember?" I pointed. "So are you coming?"

And it worked. She followed.

The two of us ended up running around the whole campus like lost dogs. By the time we stumbled upon Julius Theatre 1, class was over. Good thing we weren't the only ones.

"Hey, wanna go grab a snack or something? I haven't eaten anything since morning." I marked when it was time to say goodbye.

I couldn't let her go that easily. It wasn't my thing. Even better, I was famished.

"Um –" She hesitated, as if calculating the risks in her head.

"My treat." I added with a smirk, eliminating all the risks. Or one risk? Whatever. I was set to close all doors so she could have no way out of this. With good intentions, of course.

She looked at me for a few seconds before she nodded, as if she couldn't believe she agreed to either. And I smiled at that before grabbing her hand and heading us off.

We found a cafeteria close by, but the inside was too occupied, so we ended up under the scorching sun outside. The shades weren't even helping my luck.

"If I lived in the hostel, I would've suggested taking our food back to our rooms and eating there instead." I stated.

"Why – I like the sun out here." She pointed, startling me.

"Seriously?" So I was the only one burning?

"I don't mind it at all."

I asked her what she wanted to eat and closely observed as she gnawed on her fingertips whilst struggling to make a decision on a seemingly effortless menu. I must admit, I thought it was cute. Eleven nail bites later, she was still undecided on what to order, leading me to double my order instead.

"Hope we make it on time for class next time."

We were walking out of the cafe after our little lunch when she said that.

"Hopefully." I agreed.

That was our last exchange of words before she came up with an abrupt goodbye.

I immediately missed her presence when she disappeared. Yet I didn't even know her name. All I knew was that her chocolate skin was a shade darker than mine, her long black braids looked too good on her, and she smelled sweetly of something I couldn't name.

I liked her.