CHAPTER 35: AVERISTA♥️

"Phoebe–It's gonna get dark soon. We have to go."

Phoebe pouted, and I tried my best to pretend that it didn't affect me. I seriously needed to learn to control myself. 

"I don't want McQuinn to chase my ass for getting his precious daughter in danger in these wilds." I pointed, and she chuckled.

As if I couldn't protect her from anything. As if I wasn't deadlier than any wild beast out there. If I wanted to keep her away from danger, then I shouldn't keep her with me. I was the real danger.

The second I moved to sit up, Phoebe had her lips on mine. She swallowed the gasp of surprise from my mouth and I immediately melted into the feeling of her hands around my neck.
I clutched onto the material of her dress, wishing she'd stop before I took a step too far. Albeit being aware that she should put a pause to it, Phoebe continued to tease my patience.

Slowly, I got pushed back onto the ground again.
Into my doom. This could be akin to what Eve felt when she encountered the serpent in the garden of Eden. All helpless against his manipulative wit. Like Phoebe, her cunning ways rendered me powerless, and left me defenseless.

Phoebe kissed me with a mix of fervor and slowness, as if she wanted to absorb the life of me into her body in the most proper manner possible. Like anything close to what we were doing could even be considered decent.

It felt awkwardly good laying down on the grassland with her on top of me. As though we were preordained. Perhaps it had something to do with the snake inside of me.

Amidst everything, I thought of taking her somewhere else, somewhere better. Somewhere where she could lie down without being pricked by turfs . . . preferably on a bed. But the thought of a bed brought up wilder thoughts that I had been avoiding from the second I saw her today, so I quickly averted from the idea.

She would look so gorgeous lying down underneath me on a bed. But again, I had to force myself to think of somewhere else. Somewhere that wasn't a bed.

"Phoebe?" I tried to speak. "We seriously need to go."

She let out a dissatisfied sigh before sitting up on me.

"Okay. Okay."

Then she carefully got off of me, stood on her feet, and held out her hand to help me get up. My eyes accidentally took her in again before accepting her hand, and I almost slapped myself. She looked so lovely in that dress. It was distracting. I wondered if it was her initial plan because if it was, then it was working so fucking well. 

I stood up and thought of kissing her again, but I moved to fix both of our clothes. Phoebe tried to dust herself off a bit, but I took out my handkerchief and did the job for her.

"There," I marked when I was done. "Clean as new. No one can even tell you've been making out with me on a fucking grass field."

Phoebe giggled, and I felt something warm inside me at the beautiful sound that came out of her mouth.

"I mean, it's not like I can see anything."

"Yeah. So you're doomed to trust me." I joked.

"And I do trust you." She smiled and intertwined our fingers. I made sure we both looked okay before I led the way out of the deserted place.

It wasn't until we were out in the parking lot did it hit me that we were actually leaving. That she's going to be away from me. And that hurt like hell.
I sure wasn't satisfied with the little time we had. Even though we technically spent half of the day together. I seriously couldn't get enough of her.