CHAPTER 34: AVERISTA♥️

⬆️Character moodboards (for Averista, Phoebe, Dativa, and Noreen) are on my instagram @immie_writes
And I'll make more for the rest of the characters, I think.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I sneezed the second Phoebe held out a bouquet before me.

"Does that mean you don't like them already?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "It's the other way around, actually."

"Really? I could throw them in the trash can if their scent is too strong."

I solely wanted to kiss her for being too adorable.

"Don't." I accepted the pretty flowers with a smile. They smelled perfect, and saying I liked them would've been an understatement. "I love 'em."

I tried to sniff them and ended up sneezing again. We both giggled.

"Exquisite blooms for my exquisite lover." Phoebe smiled proudly, like a scientist who just got positive results from her experiment.

I planted a quick kiss on her cheek, ignoring how flushed I was at her words. Her eyes were on me like she could see me. I had never experienced such nervousness around anyone. And to think she was actually blind.

"C'mon." I held her hand and led her through a trail into the dimly-lit forest.

"So where exactly is this place you're taking me to?"

If the sinister appearance of the woods were to meet her gaze, she wouldn't even consider coming with me. Perks of having a blind girlfriend.

"A meadow." I smiled.

"Oh. I think I've been to one when I was little."

The warm skin of her hand attached to my cold one, two opposite temperatures collapsing together.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I can barely remember, though."

"Okay. But I bet it's not as magnificent as this one." I couldn't stop fussing about it. "It's literal paradise. You'll love it."

"You're talking as if I'm able to see it. Reminder, I'm blind."

"I know." I snickered. "But it doesn't matter, it's marvelous and you'll love it, anyway."

Then she halted on her feet.

I eyed her, wondering what was wrong.

"C'mon, we're almost there." I tugged on her hand, but she didn't move.

"Why?" Phoebe suddenly let out.

I stared at her, confused.

"Why what?"

She took a brief pause before answering.

"Why do you always do this?"

"Do what?"

"Treat me like-like I'm normal? . . . Like I'm an ordinary person with no vision impairments. Like I can see."

A part of me plummeted as I discerned the unmistakable pain in her tone.

"Because you are," I marked, moving close to her. "Whether you can see or not, it doesn't matter to me. You're human and that's it. You're a person."

"I'm not," she took a sharp breath. "I'm just a blind girl. Right?"

"Life doesn't revolve around the fact that you're blind, Phoebe. It's not something to fret about. It's not a flaw, okay? In fact, I think it's the opposite of a flaw."