Chapter 110

Julia sit on the sofa, Kai resting his head on her lap as she leans on Kol "And, of course, I broke into the Oval Office and took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK

Julia sit on the sofa, Kai resting his head on her lap as she leans on Kol "And, of course, I broke into the Oval Office and took a picture of myself at the window, looking all JFK. But then, I was, like, 'Wait-- How am I going to get these photos developed'?" Kai rambles. "Oh my god, just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of this Twilight Zone?" Damon asks, sitting across from them. "I got a question for you, first. Why do you think we're stuck on a repeating loop of May 10, 1994? Doomed to relive a solar eclipse forever and ever, and ever." Kai asks. Julia looks down at Kai, already knowing the answer "How the hell should I know?" Damon asks, taking a sip of his bourbon. "Well, I heard you tell Bonnie, Julia and Kol that this place was your own personal hell. I'm kinda curious why." Kai tells him, smiling slightly when Julia starts playing with his hair. "I found everything you asked for: can-opener, shower drain, grinding wheel, jam, pocket knife, volume 'O' of the encyclopedia, a nail and a black marker." Bonnie says, walking in and dumping the stuff on the coffee table "Now what?" she asks as Damon stands. Kai sits up and swings his legs round "How is this pile of crap going to get us out of here?" Damon asks."I'll explain... as soon as you tell me what you did on May 10, 1994." Kai tells him. "What difference does it make!?" Damon exclaims. "Let me put it this way, Bonnie's magic is one part of the equation. My as-yet undisclosed knowledge is the other. Julia and Kol are my mates. Which means you would be hitching a ride home for free." Kai tells him. Julia rolls her eyes at her new found mate "Kai, he's my dad." she tells him. "Fair point, I still want to know though." Kai pouts. "Why don't you just tell him your story?" Bonnie asks Damon. "Maybe because I don't want to talk about the worst thing I ever did, Bonnie." Damon retorts. Julia frowns when she realises what he dad means "Uncle Zach." she says. Damon nods "Ooooh, now I'm listening." Kai smiles, opening the jam and scooping some out with his hand to eat.

Soon Kai picks up the can-opener and starts screwing open another jam jar with it "I need to be entertained while I work." he complains, lying with his head on Julia's lap once again. Julia smiles and starts playing with his hair once again "I think I could think of a few things." she tells him. Kai grins as Kol smirks "Okay, don't need to hear that Little One." Damon tells his daughter, Julia smiling sweetly at him. "Hell story, please." Kai sings, still working. "Remind me not to kill him." Damon tells Bonnie, turning his head to look at her. "Maybe telling him your story will take your mind off of it." Bonnie suggests. "Whose side are you on?" Damon asks. "The side where we get to go home to the people we love?" she tells him. Damon looks at Julia who shrugs "Fine." he concedes, beginning to tell Kai and Bonnie about what happened. Julia zones out already knowing the story, making her rest her head on Kol's shoulder as she continues playing with Kai's hair.

Kai snores as Julia smiles fondly "Perfect. Our savior's insane and narcoleptic." Damon pipes up from the bar. "No, no, no, I'm awake. Let me guess... You killed the pregnant woman." Kai tells him. "Shut up, Kai. You weren't listening." Damon tells him. "I was listening, in my sleep. You were hanging out with your distant-nephew Zach, who you called Uncle Zach, because that's not confusing. Plus, pregnant lady Gail, who had a big bull's-eye on her chest. Got it." Kai summarises, sitting up. "Tell me you didn't kill a pregnant woman." Bonnie tells Damon. "Oh, that's totally what happened. Why else would today be his personal hell? Okay. To get home, we'll harness the power of the eclipse using a mystical relic. It's called an Ascendant, and it looks like this, Damon. The last time we had it was in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon." Kai explains, opening the encyclopedia to a map and setting it on the coffee table. "We?" Bonnie asks. "His family." Julia and Kol tells her. "So, here's a little blood to get you started. Now all we need is a locator spell to pinpoint its whereabouts." Kai says, cutting the tip of his finger. "Think you can find our ticket out of here, Bon-Bon?" Damon asks. "Hell. Yeah." Bonnie responds. Julia smiles "Finally. Once we get out of here I'm helping you kill you father." she tells Kai. "We both are." Kol smirks. "God I love you two." Kai grins, already planning on making his father suffer even more for killing his younger mate. "Great, there's three of them." Damon jokes. "You raised my dad, I get it from you." Julia smiles. "You also get it from Kol, Klaus, Stefan, Rebekah, need I go on?" Damon asks, raising his brow. "Fair point." Julia shrugs.