Chapter 35

Stefan is talking with Damon, who is standing at the tomb's entrance. Julia goes to Stefan who picks her up. "You trapped her in the house?" Stefan asks Damon. "It's for the best. Trust me. Elena is on a martyr tear that rivals your greatest hits. You should be glad the witch and I are even getting along. I brought you this." He gives him a bag, "Care package: candles, lanterns and...lunch." He shows him a bottle of blood. "Give that to me and I'm just gonna have to share it with her." Damon looks at Katherine who standing not too far away. "Yeah..." "You two are surprisingly calm, considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan." "I've been dead before. I got over it." Damon looks at Stefan "Once we deal with this moonstone, we'll figure a way to get you out." "Don't worry about me. Just make sure Elena's safe." Julia kisses Stefan cheek before going to her dad. Damon looks at Katherine and leaves with Julia and the bottle of blood. "Dad I'm going to see Tyler. It's not far through the woods. I'll message when I get there." "Okay baby girl careful though remember it's your first full moon." Julia kisses his cheek and goes off through the woods.

Soon Julia arrives at the Lockwood Mansion and texts Damon. "Arrived safe and sound." She then knocks on the door, Carol opens it. "Hey Carol." "Hey Julia. Tyler's in his room." Julia walks in and goes to Tyler's room. She knocks on the door "You decent big bro?" she asks. She hears him laugh before opening the door. "Hey squirt what's with the beanie and coat?" "Um it would be better if I showed you in your room." Tyler moves and she walks in. She takes her coat and hat off to reveal her ears and tail. "Woah!" "I know we think it's because I'm part Banshee." she explains. "It's cute." Tyler tells her rubbing her ears making her tail wag and her to pur. Tyler chuckles "Just like a puppy." she pouts at him making him laugh more. Later Tyler and Julia are about to leave when Carol joins them. "Heading out?" "Yeah...lunch at the Grill, I've got practice and I'll probably go out after before dropping Julia home. I'll be late." Someone knocks on the door. Tyler opens it to reveal a woman. "Hi." "Hi." "Sorry. Rude. You have no idea who I am. I'm Jules, a friend of Mason's from Florida. You must be Tyler and Julia." "Yeah. Nice to meet you." "So, I know it's weird for me to just stop by but I'm trying to track down Mason." "Mason's back in Florida. He has been for a while now." Carol says. "See...that's the thing...he's not." Carol goes and calls Liz while Tyler and Julia go and meet Caroline at the grill.

"Hey." "Hey. What's wrong?" "This girl Mason knows stopped by the house. She said he never made it back to Florida. My mom is freaking out and she was on the phone with your mom when I left. We should get going." "Yeah." Tyler picks Julia up who whimpers like a puppy. "It'll be okay Squirt. We've got each other, we're family." Soon after they leave in Caroline's car they get to the woods. Tyler gets out and opens the trunk to get his stuff. Julia gets out and holds Caroline's hand. "Maybe he just stopped to go surf somewhere. Isn't that Mason's whole thing?" Caroline asks. "Maybe. This girl just seemed to think he would have called." "I'm sure he's okay." "Yeah, anyway... let's do this." They go into the Lockwood cellar. Tyler is preparing the chains while Julia sits I a corner tail wrapped round her, ears down. "Tell me you brought the instruction manual." Caroline says. "Tell me you brought the wolfsbane." "Yes. Not an easy herb to find. This is it." She gives him the wolfsbane. When he touches it, his skin burns, and he yelps and draws in his breath. Julia runs to him wrapping her tail round his leg. "I have a water bottle in my bag, we can mix it in there." She mixes the wolfsbane in the water. "The guy at the hardware store said this set-up could hold up to 5,000 pounds." "Is that more than a werewolf can pull?" "I have no idea." "Hey Tyler, how are you doing?" "Still human." He takes off his shirt and turns away. "Oh my god, you're not gonna get naked, are you?" "It's elastic. What should I wear? I don't think it's like The Hulk, where I get to keep my pants." Caroline blushes and looks away, "Uh Tyler." "Yeah." "You might want to look at this." he turns and sees a white wolf pup.