Chapter 41

Julia, Stefan and Damon are waiting outside as Elena signs the contract for the house. Julia messages Nik "If you want to send gifts leave them on the door step as Dad's 'Changing the locks' Hope to see you soon." she gets a response almost straight away "Thanks Little Pup. I was going to drop something off for your Decade's Dance. I'll put it outside for you later." Julia smiles to herself. "You really think Bonnie can take on Klaus?" Damon asks. "She said she could channel enough witch's power to kill him. Elijah thought that would work and he was an Original, so..." Stefan responds. CWe just need to find him." "Yeah." "Could she do one of those witch tracking spells?" "Nope. Not without something that belongs to Klaus. Believe me, I already asked." "Do you think he killed her?" "Katherine? Probably." "It's not like she didn't have it coming." Elena opens the door and the lawyer leaves. "Thank you, Mr. Henry." Stefan and Damon walk to the threshold but an invisible force keeps them out. Julia covers her mouth and giggles. "I'm sorry. I completely forgot." Elena looks at Stefan. "Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?" "I would love to. Thank you." He enters as Elena looks at Damon.

"What are we, twelve?" he asks. "One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?" "No." "Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?" "Yes, Elena. Sure." "Then please, come in." He enters with Julia and looks at Stefan. Elena closes the door. "Shut up." Damon says to Stefan. Bonnie walks in from another room and gives Elena her jacket. "Thanks." "Wait, where are you going?" "To school." "Huh?" "No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it." "Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that." "Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner." She looks at Damon. "Tsk. Your way, Elena." "Don't worry, I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him. Know how." "The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that I can be. Come on." They leave. Stefan looks at Damon, "Wait, um, coming." He leaves with them. Julia looks at Damon "What now?" she asks. "Science work for you missy. I don't want your mum chasing me with a stake because I forgot to make you do work." Julia sighs before getting her science work out.

Later Julia, Stefan, Damon, Bonnie and Elena are in the living room. "So we go to the dance, we find him." Damon tells them. "Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like." Stefan tells his brother. "Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply." 'He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school." He looks at Elena and Bonnie. "I guess it's not as safe as you guys thought, huh?" Someone knocks on the door. Alaric/Klaus enters holding a box. "There you are." Damon says. "Sorry I'm late. Julia this was on the door step." he hands Julia the box. "Thanks Ric." "Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move." Damon says. "Okay, so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?" Elena asks. "Me. I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him." "That's not going to be that easy. I mean, he is the biggest, baddest vampire around." "Alaric has a point. I mean, what if he..." Damon rushes at Bonnie but she throws him on the other side of the room with her powers, without touching him. Julia laughs and goes to her dad helping him up. "Well, I was impressed." Stefan says. "It doesn't matter if he's an Original. I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena. I know I can."

Julia runs upstairs with the box and opens it.