Chapter 40

The next morning Julia wakes up to a load of noise in Stefan's room. She runs in there to see Katherine there with Elena, Damon and Stefan. "What is she doing here?" she growls ears in a flat fighting position, tail down. "When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb." Damon says. "YOU WHAT!" Julia shouts. "Dad you said he had to leave." she growls and glares at her dad. "How's that possible?" Stefan asks talking about the compulsion. "He's an Original. They have all sorts of special skills." Katherine says smirking "I don't want you here. Get her out of here." Elena says. "You need me, Elena. You all do." "Like hell." Stefan says. "We all want the same thing...Klaus dead. Yet here you all are, running around like chickens with their heads cut off." "I don't need your help and I don't want it." Elena tells her. "And that's incredibly stupid of you. Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?" "If you know something, say it or get out." "Fine. Then I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch...maybe Aunt Jenna's free for a bite." Julia glares and screams throwing her arms forward. Katherine goes flying backwards making everyone except Katherine smile. "I'm going for a walk dad I'll message you if I need you." Julia says walking out. Julia walks into the woods and goes to her meadow. She sits down and gets out her sketching stuff. As she draws she smells a familiar scent. She smiles "Hey Nik." "Hey Little Pup." Nik sits down next to her. "You want to draw with me?" Julia asks. Nik smiles and takes some paper and some pencils. They spend the morning drawing together. Early afternoon she gets a message from Damon "Go stay at your mum's tonight. Katherine won't leave yet and I want you safe. I've taken some stuff over for you. Love you Little One." "Okay Dad I'll head there now and spend the afternoon with her. Love you too." Julia looks at Nik "I've got to get to my Mum's apartment. Do you want to walk with me?" "Come on then Little Pup." Nik says helping her pack her stuff. They walk through the woods to the town border "This is as far as I go Little Pup. I'll see you soon though." "Okay bye Nik."

Julia walks to Andie's apartment and knocks on the door. "Hey Sweetie." "Hey Mum." Julia walks in and puts her drawing stuff down. "I've got something for you." Andie tells her "Shut your eyes and open your hand." Julia does so and has something small and cold put in her hand. Julia opens her eyes and sees a key "It's for the door so you can come and go as you please." "Thanks Mum." "Now have you had lunch?" "No." "Right do you want to go to the Grill or stay here." "Stay here for lunch and take out for dinner?" "Great idea. Go put your stuff in there, that'll be your room when your here. I'll got make lunch. Cheese, Chicken, Bacon and BBQ Sauce toastie?" "Mmmm yes please." Julia goes at puts her drawing stuff in her room. "Mum has dad explained about my wolf side?" "Yeah he has. So you can take off your hat and let your tail loose." Andie tells her. Julia smiles and takes her hat and hoodie off. She sits at the table and finishes drawing a picture of her Mum and Dad. Andie finishes the toasties and sits next to her putting the food on the table.

Andie smiles when she looks at the picture

Andie smiles when she looks at the picture. "You know what. I'll get a frame for that and we'll put it up somewhere. One condition you have to give me one of you aswell." "I've got one here you can have." she tells her getting one out.

"Just as beautiful as you sweetie

"Just as beautiful as you sweetie." Julia smiles. After they've eaten Andie looks at her. "You want me to paint your nails?" "Yeah!" "Come on then." They go into Andie's room where they sit on the bed. By the end they've painted each others nails.

They smile and Andie takes a picture and sends it to Damon

They smile and Andie takes a picture and sends it to Damon. "I've sent the picture to your dad." "Bet he shows Caroline and I get a message telling me how cute they are." Couple minutes later Julia's phone pings. She gets it out and shows her Mum the message "Your nails are sooo cute!" they both laugh.

That evening they sit in front of the TV watching Mamma Mia while eating pizza. "This is one of my favourite musicals." Julia says part way through. "I still can't believe that you hadn't watched it before!" Julia laughs "I tend to watch Disney and not much else." Andie laughs "I mean it's Disney so..." After Mamma Mia they watch Disney Robin Hood, "This is such an underrated film. The songs alone are brilliant." Julia tells her Mum. Julia looks at her phone before looking disappointed. Andie pauses the film and turns to her "What is it?" "Tyler left without saying goodbye. Now he isn't responding to my messages." she tells her. Andie hugs her "I'm sure he has a good reason if not I'm giving him what for. Noone makes my baby upset." Julia laughs before putting her phone away. Late that evening Damon enters the apartment to find Julia and Andie asleep on the sofa. He chuckles before covering them with a blanket, kissing them both on the head and turns the TV off.