Part 5

Leah stays at yours for the next couple of nights, it's the morning of you and the team going to Spain for camp.
You and Leah arrive at the training ground ready for the bus to take you to the airport, you arrive a little early so it's just Jonas and a couple of the girls there.
Jen walks over to you.
Jen: "morning ladies, how are we?"
You are still half asleep so you don't really say anything.
Leah and Jen laugh.
Leah: "y/n here isn't much of a morning person, but we are good, how are you?"
Jen: "I'm good mate, ready for some sun"
Leah: "yeah me too"
Katie, Beth and Viv all arrive and come over to you.
Katie: "GOOD MORNING"
You look at her and glare, Leah laughs a little bit and so do most of the other girls.
Leah: "babe you can sleep on the plane"
Y/n: "mhm"
You rub your eyes and yawn.
Leah: "I'll be back in a second"
She kisses you and runs off into the training centre.
Beth: "you're chatty this morning y/n"
Y/n: "don't do this early on a morning, I hate it"
Katie: "you'll be okay"
You don't say anything as Leah runs back out with a coffee in her hand for you.
Leah: "here, that always perks you up"
Y/n: "thanks Le"
You kiss her and start drinking it. Leah puts her arm around you and the rest of the team arrive. You all get onto the coach and head to the airport. You are sat next to Steph as Leah wanted to sit with Beth and Rafa.
Steph: "so y/n"
You look at her, "yeahhh" you say.
Steph: "you excited?"
Y/n: "yeah, I am, we have a free afternoon today once we land right?"
Steph: "yeah I think so"
Y/n: "cool, I think I'm gonna go see Lucy and Kiera for a bit, not seen them for like 2 months"
Steph: "that will be nice"
Y/n: "yeah, my parents are in Spain at the moment too so might see if they want to join"
Steph: "guessing you don't see them a lot?"
Y/n: "not really, they are always at Lucy's games, I think they went to 4 of mine last season"
Steph: "oh that's shit, I'm sorry"
Y/n: "don't be sorry, I'm used to it by now"
Steph: "still not right considering you play in the same country that they live in"
Y/n: "they are moving to Spain to be closer to her next month"
You sip your coffee to try and hide that you are tearing up.
Steph: "oh"
Y/n: "ye-yeah"
Your voice breaks a little bit and Steph looks at you. You start crying properly and she hugs you.
Steph: "hey it's okay, you've got us, we all love you"
You just nod and wipe a few tears away. Steph looks over at Leah with a concerned look on her face. Leah notices and stands up to come see you.
Leah: "hey, babe? You alright?"
Steph stands up and let's Leah sit down. Leah hugs you and you just cry in her arms.
Leah: "what's wrong? Did something happen?"
Y/n: "just my parents"
Leah: "are they okay?"
Y/n: "mhm"
Leah: "talk to me"
Y/n: "they are moving to Spain to be closer to lucy"
Leah: "oh y/n, I'm sorry"
Y/n: "it's not your fault, they just never see me as a professional footballer"
Leah: "come here"
She pulls you into a hug and kisses your forehead.
Y/n: "I love you"
Leah: "I love you too, I'm always here okay?"
You nod and kiss her.

You all get on the plane an hour later, you sleep the whole journey, Leah is sat next to you holding your hand the whole way.
Steph: "is she okay?"
Leah: "yeah I think so, she's just tired"
Steph: "she told me about her parents"
Leah: "yeah, she's going to be fine, but it's going to be hard"
Steph: "well we are here for you both"
Leah: "thanks Steph"
Steph: "anytime"

You all land in Spain and head to your hotel, you and Leah are in the same room. You unpack and lay down on the bed. You ring lucy and see if she's free to meet up for a coffee.
Y/n: "babe I'm going to meet lucy and Keira, you coming?"
Leah: "only if you want me to"
Y/n: "of course I want you to. My parents will be there too"
Leah: "okay, let's go then"

You and Leah head off to meet lucy and your parents. They are already in the cafe when you get there, you walk in holding Leah's hand.
Lucy: "y/n!"
She immediately gets up and hugs you, Keira hugs Leah. Your parents don't really move from their seats so you bend down and hug them both.
You introduce Leah to them.
Leah goes up and orders a coffee for you both, you sit down next to Lucy.
Lucy: "how's arsenal?"
Y/n: "it's good! We are here for like 10 days on a camp so that will be fun"
Lucy: "good! How are you and Leah?"
Your mum rolls her eyes but you don't say anything.
Y/n: "erm yeah we are good"
Lucy: "good"
Leah comes back over and sits next to you. She puts her hand on your thigh.
Your dad: "so Leah, England captain, arsenal legend, and now my daughters girlfriend"
Leah: "yeah"
Leah looks at you and smiles.
You can see your dad is happy for you, you always got on better with him than you did your mum.
Your mum: "so when were you going to tell us?"
Y/n: "you've never really cared before so I didn't think I needed to"
Your mum: "lucy told us, at least she cares what we think"
Lucy: "hey, that's not fair"
Y/n: "you didn't care when I told you about Rachel. So why's this different?"
Your mum: "because she is so much more famous"
Leah's shifts in her seat.
Y/n: "I'm not with Leah for that, I love her"
Your mum: "sure"
Your mums sips her coffee and bites her tongue so she doesn't say something else.
Your dad: "so erm lucy, Keira, how's Barcelona?"
Keira: "it's good, training hard for the champions league final next week"
Your mum: "see, bigger games to watch other than just the women's championship"
Lucy: "mum! Stop it"
Your mum: "your career is actually going somewhere, why should I stop it?"
You start tearing up and Leah notices. She whispers to you.
Leah: "you want to go?"
You shake your head hoping they stop digging at you soon.
Lucy: "she's just signed for one of the best clubs in England? How is her career not going anywhere?"
Your mum: "you're playing in finals! Big games!"
Lucy: "that shouldn't matter!"
Y/n: "Luce it's fine"
Lucy: "no it's not, they should care about you just as much they do me"
Your dad: "we care about you both equally, it's just hard when you are both playing in different countries."
Y/n: "dad it's fine, don't worry, we are going. Come on babe"
You and Leah stand up and walk out without saying anything.
Leah: "im sorry babe, that wasn't fair"
Y/n: "you know what, it's okay, I'm over it. Come on, let's go sit on the beach for a bit"
Leah: "okay"
You hold Leah's hand and walk to the beach. You both sit there for a while talking and laughing until it's time for dinner at camp.

You both go back to the hotel and have dinner with the girls, they are all laughing and talking. You are just sat there pushing your food around your plate with a fork. No one really notices when you get up and go out to the training pitches.
There are a couple of footballs out there so you start messing around and taking free shots at the nets.
You start doing tricks with the ball, around the worlds and keepy uppies just to clear your head. You don't notice Jonas watching you, you end up striking a volley into the net, it lands in the top corner.
You just sit in the middle of the pitch and think about everything. Jonas comes and sits next to you.
Jonas: "everything okay y/n?"
Y/n: "erm yeah, just not had a ball at my feet for a few days so"
Jonas: "you sure that's it?"
Y/n: "did I do the right thing moving here? For my career I mean"
Jonas: "I think you did, you are way too good for the championship. Where's all this come from?"
Y/n: "my parents think I've done wrong by moving here"
Jonas: "do you think you made the wrong decision?"
Y/n: "no I don't think so"
Jonas: "then that's all that matters"
Y/n: "thanks Jonas"
Jonas: "anytime"
Y/n: "im going to head up to bed"
Jonas: "we are having a movie night out here later, will you be joining?"
Y/n: "I don't think so, I'm pretty tired"
Jonas: "well it starts at 8, if you change your mind"
Y/n: "thanks Jonas"
You stand up and go straight to your room.

Jonas goes into the dining hall, Leah is still chatting away to Steph and Caitlin.
Jonas: "Leah, a quick word?"
Leah: "yeah sure"
Leah follows Jonas out to the corridor.
Leah: "whats up?"
Jonas: "what happened with y/ns parents earlier?"
Leah explains what went on.
Leah: "where is she?"
Jonas: "she's gone to bed, I saw her sat on the pitches outside so I checked on her"
Leah: "is she okay?"
Jonas: "I don't really know Leah, she said she's tired but I think what happened today has hit her pretty hard."
Leah: "I'll go check on her now"
Jonas: "Leah, give her some space"
Leah: "no I need to check on her"
Jonas: "trust me Leah"
Leah hesitates for a minute before agreeing with Jonas.
They both walk back into the dining hall.
Jonas: "right girls, movie night starts in an hour!"
All the girls cheer and go get into comfy clothing before it starts.
Leah goes up to your room and sees you asleep. She kisses your head and tucks you in a little bit. She gets changed and heads downstairs.
Steph: "y/n not joining us?"
Leah: "no she's sound asleep"
Beth: "bless her, she's had a rough day"
Leah looks at Beth.
Leah: "what do you mean?"
Beth: "her grandad died a year ago today, she didn't tell you?"
Leah: "n-no"
Leah runs back upstairs and gets into bed with you. You wake up slightly.
Y/n: "babe?"
Leah: "im here, I'm not going anywhere"
You turn around and cuddle into her, Leah kisses your forehead and rubs your head. You lie awake for a while before saying something.
Y/n: "erm so the whole point of seeing my parents and lucy today was because of my grandad"
Leah: "okay?"
Y/n: "yeah he erm died a year ago today which is why I'm like so upset becau-"
Leah: "babe it's okay, i get it"
You tear up a little bit.
After 20minutes of talking and cuddling you decide you want to go to movie night.
Leah: "you sure? We don't have to"
Y/n: "I want to"
Leah: "okay babe"
You both head down and sit near the back on a double beanbag. You cuddle up to Leah and watch the movie.