Part 38

The next day, I'm on my way to school. Lucas has a few days off to recover from surgery. I walk with Isla who then splits off from me to go to her friends. James and Owen are waiting for me at the front door.
Owen: "morning mate, what a game yesterday!"
Noah: "I know"
James: "proud of you mate, did seriously well"
Noah: "thanks lads, come on better get to assembly."
We all sit down waiting for the assembly to start. We are all chatting shite, a few of the lads are next to me and behind me. Amelia to the other side.
Our head teacher starts talking.
Head teacher: "good morning everyone, hope everyone had a lovely weekend. One of you had a better weekend than the others. Noah Williamson, where are you?"
I put my hand up reluctantly.
Head teacher: "stand up for me Noah"
I stand up and look around at the sea of students around me.
Head teacher: "we are all so proud of you for yesterday Noah, scoring the winning goal at the emirates. It's such a great achievement and we are all so happy for you."
A round of applause erupts and I sit back down. I hate attention, I always have. My life is never going to be the same now.
School goes really slowly, normally Lucas can cheer me up but he's not here. Everyone is patting me on the back and congratulating me as I walk through the corridors between lessons. Lunchtime I have people I hate trying to get me to let them come to games. Amelia can see that im not happy. I get to the end of lunchtime and I've had enough. I call mama.
Leah: "hey buddy, how are you?"
Noah: "can I come home now?"
Leah: "what? Why?"
Noah: "everyone's treating me differently and I fucking hate it"
Leah: "language Noah, but no you can't. You need to stay in school."
Noah: "how did you cope with it?"
Leah: "everyone will go back to their old ways soon. They will get bored, you just have to push through it okay?"
Noah: "yeah, okay, thanks mama."
Leah: "keep your chin up, I love you son"
Noah: "love you too, see you when I'm home"
The call ends and I head to my next class.
I don't really focus, everyone was so preoccupied rewatching my goal. I'm about to kick off. Amelia isn't in this class to help me calm down. James and Owen are trying to keep me distracted but it's not working. I'm going to flip.
Another person I don't like plays the video again.
I stand up and flip my table.
Noah: "will you all just fucking stop?!"
Everyone looks at me.
Teacher: "Noah!"
Noah: "NO I don't want this! I'm fucking sick of being treated differently! Just fuck off the lot of you!"
I storm out. Leaving everything behind. I walk out of the school. My head of year trying to stop me but I keep walking. I walk out of the school gates in a random direction. No destination, just walking.

Leah's POV:
Leah: "babe, Noah's struggling"
Y/n: "why?"
Leah: "everyone's treating him differently, he doesn't like attention does he"
Y/n: "he's going to flip. I know it"
Lucas walks on his crutches into the room.
Lucas: "he has flipped, Owen's just called me telling me he stormed out of school. He's left his phone in his bag."
Leah: "I'll call the school."
I call the school. They tell me what happened but can't tell me where he went.
Leah: "so you're telling me my son is missing? We need a meeting about all of this. He's just a kid!"
Y/n: "I'm going to find him"
Leah: "I'll stay here babe incase he comes back."
Y/n: "okay"
Y/n leaves and tries to find out where he's gone.

Y/ns POV:
I'm driving around trying to find Noah. I know he's probably gone to the training ground. That's where he normally goes. I head straight there.
I walk into reception. They tell me that he's not here.
Y/n: "fuck"
Receptionist: "if he turns up we will call you."
Y/n: "thank you"
I run back to my car and head back out to find him.

Leah's POV:
Y/n is still out. It's been 5 hours. Still nothing on where he is. I picked Isla up from school. I got all of Noah's stuff from the head teachers office. I don't even say anything to him.
I go back home and ring y/n.
Y/n: "where is he babe, where is he."
Leah: "we need to call the police babe. We have to."
Y/n: "you call them, I'll keep looking."
Leah: "okay"