Part 17

Over the next few weeks you are meeting the sports psychologist everyday after the team meetings. He helps you a lot with your confidence and everything with your ankle. You are feeling so much better.
Things with Leah aren't so good. She's on her phone a lot and being really distant. You put this down to the stress of pre season and the lionesses.

You are laid in bed one night, Leah is asleep. She gets a text. Out of curiosity as it's quite late for someone to receive a text you check it to make sure it's not important.

Megan: I miss you, sleep well babe🤍

Your heart breaks. Into a million pieces. You can't believe this is happening. You look at Leah sleeping soundly next to you. You don't wake her up. You leave the text open on her phone for her to wake up to so she knows you've seen it.
You grab a couple of essential things, your football boots, a change of clothes etc.
you leave the flat quietly not to wake Leah up. You can't face her right now. How could she do this to you? After everything you both have gone through this year. You head to a hotel near the training ground.
You get a room and lay down in bed. You can't sleep. You try and try but you just can't. You can't cry, you are just angry, so angry.

The next morning, after not sleeping you head to training at around 6am. No one is in the building yet. Leah tries calling you, you ignore it.
She calls you over and over again.

You head to the pitches and shoot some balls at the nets. Steph rings you.
Steph: "mate? Where are you? Leah is going off on one"
Y/n: "let her"
Steph: "what's going on? Where are you? I'll come get you"
Y/n: "ask Leah about Megan." You say bluntly.
Steph: "she didn't?"
Y/n: "she got a text night saying I miss you, sleep well babe with a love heart"
Steph: "im going to kill her"
You don't say anything.
Steph: "I'll be at training in 10 minutes y/n"
Again, you don't say anything.
Steph: "I've got you mate okay?"
Y/n: "I know"
10 minutes later Steph runs through to the pitches. She watches you shooting the balls at the nets with so much anger. You are missing them all which is so unlike you.
Steph walks over to you when you have no footballs left at your feet.
Steph: "I've not told her you are here, she's going mental with everyone"
Y/n: "let her, she deserves it"
Steph: "does she know you know?"
Y/n: "I left the text open on her phone so whether she's pieced it together or not I don't know"
At that point Leah tries calling you again. You hand your phone to Steph who picks it up for you.
Leah: "babe, where are you? No note, no text? Nothing"
Steph: "it's Steph Leah, she doesn't want to talk to you."
Leah: "why, what have I done?"
You grab the phone off Steph.
Leah: "Steph just tell me where she is please"
Y/n: "go find Megan Leah. Don't pretend you give a shit about me"
Leah stays silent.
Y/n: "nothing? Not one word to say?"
Leah: "she's no one babe"
Y/n: "why is she saying she misses you? Calling you babe? That's not no one"
Leah stays silent again.
Y/n: "cool"
You end the call and run up to a ball and hit it with full power. You start crying instantly after that. Steph comes over and hugs you.
Steph: "it's okay, it's okay"
Y/n: "she's my fiancée Steph, how could she do this to me"
Steph: "I know, I know"
Some of the girls start turning up as it's now 7am, they see you on the pitch with Steph and leave you both to it.
Leah comes into training a few minutes later, she goes out to the pitches where you and Steph are.
Leah: "y/n please can we talk"
Y/n: "no"
Leah: "babe please"
Y/n: "no you don't get to call me that anymore"
You take your engagement ring off.
Leah: "no keep that on, please I can fix this"
Y/n: "do you have a Time Machine?"
Leah: "no"
Y/n: "then you can't fix this!"
You throw the ring at her, at this point all the girls are watching through the window. They all see this and are confused.
Leah: "y/n, please let me explain"
Y/n: "there's only one thing I need to know, did you sleep with her?"
Leah: "twice"
You storm past Leah and go into the changing rooms. Leah follows you in.
Beth: "what's going on?"
Leah: "not now Beth"
Leah goes into the changing room.
Steph walks back in.
Steph: "don't ask me, I'm not going to tell you"
Leah gets into the changing room. You are packing everything out of your locker.
Leah: "what are you doing?"
Y/n: "im quitting"
Leah: "y/n, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"
Y/n: "why, how could you do this to me? To us?"
Leah can't give you an answer. She just stands there and looks at you.
You start crying again.
Leah tries to hug you.
Y/n: "no don't touch me, don't you dare. You did this to me, to us"
Leah: "im sorry, I'm so sorry"
Y/n: "so you keep saying"
Leah: "baby please, we are supposed to be getting married"
Y/n: "EXACTLY!"
Leah just stands there.
You start walking out of the changing rooms. The girls are all there.
You turn and face leah.
Y/n: "I hope she was worth it leah"
You walk out of the building and don't turn back.
All the girls look at leah with confusion on their faces.
Jen: "what have you done?!"
Leah: "not now, please not now"
Leah walks off and runs her hands through her hair.