Part 32

Skipping to my due date. Leah is away at the World Cup. I'm due today but there are no signs of our little girl making an appearance. Leah will be away for another week yet since England are in the semi finals. She's been checking up on me every chance she gets, I'm telling her not to worry.

Today is semi final day against Germany. It's a stressful day and I'm so tired that I can't go. The boys are going with Amanda and David, I don't want them to miss that but I'm watching from home, cheering my wife and the girls on. The game is in Manchester, England are 1-0 up at the moment. England score again and I go nuts. 2-0 up in a semi final, it's a great game so far but I feel something I know from having the boys.
My waters have broken.
Y/n: "not now."
Unlike when I had the boys, Amanda was nearby. Now I'm on my own, my wife, in laws and sister are all in Manchester. I don't know what to do so I ring Steph who is back in London after missing out on the semi final spot. Steph only lives around the corner from us luckily.
Steph: "hey y/n, it's a great game so far!"
Y/n: "Steph"
Steph: "what's wrong?"
Y/n: "my waters have broken. Everyone's in Manchester"
Steph: "fuck, dean and I are on our way"
Y/n: "thanks"
Steph: "stay on the phone and breathe for me, just take some deep breaths. BABE! Let's go!"
I hear them rushing around, baby is not holding back this time.
5 minutes later Steph and dean rush through the door.
Steph: "can you walk?"
Y/n: "I don't think so"
I start having a contraction. It's a heavy, painful one.
Steph: "dean ring an ambulance, she's not going to wait"
Y/n: "Leah"
Steph: "do you want me to ring her?"
Y/n: "she needs to know"
Steph: "okay one second, hold deans hand and squeeze as hard as you need to"
Dean takes my hand and I try not to hurt him but I know I am. She's coming, and she's coming quickly.

Stephs POV:
It's full time after Leah's game. They won and are in the final so I know everyone is celebrating. I've been ringing everyone I know trying to get hold of someone. Beth picks up after the 3rd time of me trying her.
Steph: "finally!"
Beth: "STEFFYYYYY!"
Steph: "can you put Leah on."
Beth: "she's talking to the media, what's going on?"
Steph: "y/ns in labour! Find her and put her on the phone"
Beth: "fuck, okay."
I hear Beth rushing around trying to find out where Leah is.
Beth: "sorry to interrupt, Leah, it's for you, it's important"
Leah: "not now beth"
Beth: "it's y/n"
I hear Leah stop the interview there. She takes the phone.
Leah: "what's going on?"
Steph: "Leah it's Steph, y/ns in labour"
Leah: "what? You better not be lying to me"
Steph: "Leah I'm not lying. An ambulance is on the way to help, she can't move"
Leah: "fuck I'm going to miss it aren't I"
Steph: "well the baby can't wait much longer I don't think"
Leah: "can you put her on?"
I pass y/n the phone.

Leah's POV:
Y/n: "babe"
She's out of breath already.
Leah: "babe it's going to be okay, I'll be there as soon as I can"
Y/n: "no"
Leah: "no?"
Y/n: "no, you have a tournament to win"
Leah: "baby, we are heading back to London tonight, I'm coming to see you and our daughter."
Y/n: "no. You need to focus"
Leah: "I don't care about football right now. This is my family, our family. That's way more important than some stupid trophy. I'll take the day off tomorrow, sarina will understand. It's a rest day anyway. I'll be there, tonight."
Y/n: "I love you."
Leah: "I love you more, stay on the phone, just pretend I'm there"
Y/n: "okay."
I hear the paramedics turn up and say they can't transport her to hospital. Sounds like our living room floor is going to have to do. They tell her to start pushing. I know Steph and dean are with her which I'm eternally grateful for. But I tear up thinking about not being there for her right now.

Leah: "you've got this babe. You've got this"
I hear her start pushing. Steph is encouraging her the whole way. Dean tells her to squeeze his hand as much as she needs to.
Y/n: "Leah I can't"
Leah: "you can baby, you can. I know you can."
Beth and Lucy are sat next to me. We are the only ones left in the changing room.
Leah: "I believe in you babe; you can do it."
She keeps pushing.
I hear the paramedic say she's here but I don't hear any crying. Why isn't my daughter crying.
Y/n: "why why isn't she crying?"
Leah: "babe"
My heart drops.
Y/n: "Leah she's not crying."
Leah: "she's going to be okay, she will be"
A few minutes later, sat in silence with Beth and Lucy. Y/n constantly asking what's happening I hear a baby cry. I instantly relax.
Y/n: "she's okay"
I hear y/n start crying.
She rings me on FaceTime.
Leah: "babe"
She points the camera at our perfect little girl on her chest.
I start crying. My beautiful daughter is here.
Y/n: "she's perfect."
Leah: "just like her mummy."
Paramedics: "we'd like to take you both to the hospital, just to get you both checked over"
Y/n: "can she stay on me like this?"
Paramedics: "of course"
Leah: "I'll be there tonight, sarina has already said it's okay."
Y/n: "okay babe."
Leah: "I love you so much"
Y/n: "I love you"

Y/ns POV:
Me and baby get checked over at the hospital. We are both fine to go home. Steph and dean take me home and stay with me until Leah gets there. Amanda has taken the boys to hers for the night. She knows everything and has said that she will bring the boys back tomorrow afternoon.
It's now 10pm, and Leah walks through the door. I'm sat on the sofa with our daughter on my chest. Steph and dean are in the kitchen making me some food.
Leah: "hi"
Y/n: "she's asleep"
Leah doesn't listen and takes her from me. I can see tears in her eyes.
Leah: "hello princess, I'm your mama."
Y/n: "quite an entrance ey?"
Leah: "tell me about it, I'm sorry I wasn't here"
Y/n: "it's okay, you are here now."
Leah sits next to me whilst holding her.
She kisses me softly and I put my head on her shoulder.
Leah: "I think the name we picked is perfect for her"
Y/n: "so do I"
Leah: "welcome to the gang Isla."
Y/n: "our little princess"