Part 20

Final game before Christmas, Arsenal win 4-0 and are top of the table. You are very happy as you had a part to play. You are the happiest you have been in a while. Everyone that loves you has noticed this. You and Leah are doing really well, your relationship has built back up to how it used to be.

It's the 19th of December, a week before Christmas. All your Christmas shopping is done, you are excited for the holidays, you are going over to Barcelona to spend it with Lucy and Keira, your first Christmas without both of your parents. You are excited but sad at the same time.

You are at Stephs house the day before you leave.
Steph: "you alright mate?"
Y/n: "yeah it's just going to be weird not having mum and dad there"
Steph: "I know mate, but they have eachother and you have lucy"
Y/n: "this is true"
You are sat watching a Christmas film when your phone start ringing.
Leah is calling.....
You answer it.
Leah: "hey babe"
Y/n: "hi, you alright?"
Leah: "yeah what are you doing?"
Y/n: "watching a movie with Steph and Calvin"
Leah: "come meet me, I have a surprise for you"
Y/n: "okay? Where?"
Leah: "I'll send you the location"
Y/n: "mysterious"
Leah: "very"
Y/n: "okay I'll see you in a bit"
Leah: "byeeeeee"
You end the call.
Y/n: "off to meet leah for a surprise apparently"
Steph: "ooo fun"
Y/n: "yeah we will see"
You both chuckle as you leave the house.
All the arsenal girls know what's going on. You have no idea.
You drive to the location. It's a park not far from where you used to live with Leah. You park up. You see fairy lights and hear music playing. It's cold so you put your coat and scarf on. You get out of the car and head to the entrance of the park. Leah is waiting for you there.
Leah: "hey"
She kisses your cheek.
Y/n: "what's going on?"
Leah: "come with me"
She grabs your hand and leads you to the middle of the park. Your favourite songs are playing with fairy lights and a projector of all the photos and videos of you both.
Y/n: "le? What is this?"
Leah: "just hear me out"
You stay silent and look into Leah's eyes.
Leah: "y/n bronze, I've done some pretty shitty things, I didn't support you when you needed it most, I didn't love you when you loved me back. But most of all, I didn't protect you. But I'm changing all that, I love you, I love you so much. You are the one person that keeps me smiling constantly, the one person I want to be better for. You were my fiancée, my future wife, and I threw that away. I want you back, you have given me a second chance at our life together, I can't change the past, although I would in a second if I could. But I want to change the future, our future. Baby, I want you to be my fiancée again, but I know you want to wait for that, so at least be my girlfriend again. Please."
You have teared up, you didn't expect all of this. You are just staring at Leah with so much love and adoration.
Y/n: "of course I will baby"
Leah smiles and kisses you passionately.
Y/n: "I love you so much"
Leah: "I love you, I promise I will never hurt you again"
You hug her tightly for a few seconds.
You turn to watch the slideshow that Leah has put together. Leah wraps her arms around your waist and puts her chin on your shoulder. You are smiling at all the good times that you have had. You can't wait for more to come.

You go back to Leah's flat, all your things are still in that flat, you feel back at home with Leah. You spend the night with Leah, showing eachother how much you love one another. You are so happy to be back in her arms. You are both laid in bed.
Leah: "I wish I could spend Christmas with you"
Y/n: "I know baby, but I think it's best I spend it with lucy"
Leah: "no it's okay, I get it, you need eachother this time of year"
Y/n: "every other Christmas is ours babe, for the rest of our lives"
Leah: "you mean that?"
Y/n: "of course I mean that"
Leah: "I want you to be my fiancée again"
Y/n: "I want to be your fiancée again"
Leah reaches to the top drawer of her nightstand. She pulls out your engagement ring.
Leah: "be my fiancée again"
Y/n: "le"
Leah: "I know I know, but I want to be able to plan our wedding as soon as possible"
Y/n: "baby"
Leah keeps rambling about how much she loves you. You kiss her to stop her talking.
Y/n: "yes"
Leah: "yes?!"
Y/n: "of course it's a yes babe, I want to move forward, I want to forget that the last 7 months happened, I want to go back to us being happy, I want to plan our future together"
Leah kisses you. She puts the ring back on your finger.
Leah: "how did I get so lucky"
Y/n: "I am pretty awesome"
You both chuckle and fall asleep cuddling eachother.

The next day you are heading to Barcelona. You head to the airport after a teary goodbye from Leah.
You get on the plane and text Leah.

Y/n: miss you already🤍
Leah: miss you too my girl, I love you, safe flight xx

You settle into your seat and relax.
2 hours later you land in Barcelona. Lucy and Keira are waiting for you at the airport.
Y/n: "LUCE!"
You run and hug her.
Lucy: "I missed you sis"
Y/n: "I missed you too"
You hug Keira too.

You spend Christmas with Lucy and Keira, laughing and relaxing after a really stressful year.
It's the 27th of December. You told Leah you wouldn't be back till the 30th so you could spend new years with her. But you are coming back early, she's staying at her mums until you come back. Amanda knows you are coming back early to surprise Leah. You are waiting to collect your bags at baggage claim at Gatwick. Amanda texts you.
Amanda: Leah's crying x
Y/n: what why?? X
Amanda: she's missing you x
Y/n: I wish she knew I'd be at your house in an hour x
Amanda: I know, text me when you are outside the house x
Y/n: I will, see you soon x

You get your bag and head to Amanda's house. You are excited to see Leah's face. You text Amanda that you are outside.

Amanda: "Leah?"
Leah: "yeah"
Amanda: "go open the front door"
Leah: "why?"
Amanda: "just go do it"

Leah huffs and goes to open the front door.
Y/n: "hey"
She smiles instantly. She picks you up and spins you around kissing you at the same time.
Leah: "you're here?"
Y/n: "im here"
You wrap your arms around her neck and hug her tightly.
Leah: "I love you so much"
Y/n: "I love you too"
Amanda: "Leah let the poor girl in its freezing"
You both laugh and go inside.
You sit down on the sofa and Leah cuddles up to you. You can tell she really missed you.
You all chat about what you got up to over Christmas. You stay at Amanda's house overnight so you don't have to travel back so late in the day.
You make a post for instagram whilst laid in bed.
You post a photo of you and lucy stood next to photos of your parents. You caption the photo with:
"Our Christmas Angels🤍"

You and Leah fall asleep next to each other after a long week of being apart.
You wake up in an empty bed. You look at the time and it's 11am. You get up, get changed into something comfortable and head downstairs.
Leah is sat at the kitchen table with her mum.
Leah: "morning sleepyhead"
You go over and kiss her.
Y/n: "why didnt you wake me?"
Leah: "cause I didn't want to, you looked too comfortable, speaking of comfortable, stealing my clothes?"
Y/n: "maybe"
Leah smiles and you sit next to her. Leah and Amanda are looking through photos from over Christmas.
Y/n: "looks like you had a lot of fun"
Leah: "we did, I wish you would have been here"
Y/n: "I know"
Leah shows you some more photos and you see a family photo. Leah explains what happened before and after the photo whilst not being able to contain her laughter.
You smile weakly and wish that your parents were here to make more memories. Amanda notices you get a little upset but doesn't say anything. Leah kisses your head as she stands up and goes into the living room.
Amanda: "are you okay?"
Y/n: "yeah I just miss them that's all, nothing to worry about"
Amanda: "they will be missing you too"
Y/n: "I know"
Leah comes back into the room with a bag. Amanda leaves the room.
She puts it in front of you.
Leah: "Merry Christmas baby"
Y/n: "what's this?"
Leah: "your Christmas present"
Y/n: "we said we weren't getting each other anything?"
Leah: "I wanted to anyway"
You smile at her and open it. It's a necklace that says forever on it.
Y/n: "it's perfect"
Leah: "im glad you like it"
You stand up and kiss her.
Y/n: "can you put it on me?"
Leah: "it would be my pleasure"
Leah stands behind you and puts the necklace on you. She kisses your shoulder. You look into the mirror in front of you and smile. Leah kisses your cheek.
Leah: "forever baby, me and you forever"
You turn around and kiss her.
Y/n: "I love you so much"
Leah: "I love you more"