Part 37

It's the next day. Lucas is in surgery, mum and mama are with him. Mum drops me off at the training ground to meet with the squad and Arteta. He's waiting for me at the entrance.
I texted him last night telling him about Lucas.
Mikel: "Noah, I'm so sorry"
He hugs me.
Noah: "he will be okay, he's got me, mums and our sister"
Mikel: "he has everyone here too. We are all with him, and you"
Noah: "thank you"
Mikel: "shall I introduce you to the squad?"
Noah: "please"
Mikel takes me to the meeting room.
Mikel: "lads! Listen up, this is Noah. He's joining us today to get a feel for the Matchday routine. Look after him."
(Imagine it's the squad that are there now)
Declan: "hiya mate, declan"
Saka: "nice to meet you Noah"
The rest of the lads introduce themselves.
Martin: "wait are you the kid that put 5 past Chelsea U21s yesterday?"
Noah: "er yeah that's me"
Declan: "insane effort mate, should be proud of yourself"
Noah: "did it for my brother, but thank you"
Saka: "your brother?"
Noah: "my twin, he plays with me, but he tore his ACL in the second half of that match so he's out for a while"
Martin: "that's shit, sorry to hear that"
Noah: "he's in surgery right now actually"
Declan: "so you're Leah and y/n Williamsons son?"
Noah: "yeah that's me"
Declan: "let's hope you can play as well as them"
Noah: "let's hope so"

Mikel gives me some kit to get changed into. I'm not going to be playing but even just being sat on the bench with this team is a dream for me.
We all get on the coach to travel to the emirates. The lads are all buzzing, we are playing Man United so it's a big game. I'm nervous but excited too.

We pile off the coach a little later. I'm constantly checking my phone to hear anything about Lucas but I've not heard anything yet.
I warm up with the lads, even if I'm not playing it's still a great day for me. The lads go get ready for kick off, the team talk happens and they head to the pitch. I sit on the bench with a few of the younger squad members, they are asking me all sorts of questions.
Eddie: "you got a girlfriend?"
Noah: "yeah I do, she's my favourite person, apart from Lucas of course"
Eddie: "that's cute, how long you been with her?"
Noah: "2 and a bit years"
Eddie: "wow long time then"
Noah: "she's here today actually, since my mums couldn't be here she came with her parents"
Eddie: "that's good"
Noah: "yeah she's the best"
The game kicks off and I feel like one of the fans, not a squad member. I'm constantly thinking about what they are going to do next.
After half time, it's still 0-0.
I'm looking around and Mikel looks at me. He can see me looking around at what we could possibly do next.
Mikel: "NOAH! Get ready!"
Noah: "what?"
Eddie: "go get warmed up kid!"
I run around and stretch on the sidelines. I'm possibly making my Arsenal debut today.
I come back over and I take my training kit off. Williamson No.43 on the back of my shirt. This is the stuff of dreams. I'm so excited.
Mikel: "you know what to do without me even telling you."
The substitution is made. My name announced around the whole stadium, with the crowd cheering for me. I'm so nervous, but so ready for this moment.
We are 65 minutes in, 0-0 at the moment, I'm upfront with Havertz. He fist bumps me and we get going. I'm doing this for Lucas. For my whole family. I wish they could be here.
94minutes, one minute to go.
I'm moving with the ball, I dodge a few players and look up. It's just me and the keeper. I take a shot at it.
Everything goes in slow motion, I see the keeper reaching to stop it but he doesn't get there. It goes in the top corner. I've fucking scored. I've fucking scored!
I run towards a stand of fans who are going mental and kiss the camera. The team all pile ontop of me. I don't hear anything else but the crowd. My adrenaline is pumping.
The final whistle goes and I drop to my knees. Mikel runs over to me. He picks me up and hugs me tightly.
Mikel: "I knew you could do it! I knew you could!"
I look at him. The team all come over to me and hug me tightly.
Declan: "so proud of you kid!"
Martin: "you did it!"
Mikel: "someone is here to talk to you."
I look over at the sidelines and see Lucas. My twin brother, my mums, my sister, my grandma, my girlfriend. Everyone I love is stood right there. I run over to Lucas and hug him so tightly I almost knock him over.
Lucas: "bro I'm so proud of you!"
Noah: "what are you doing here?!"
Lucas: "I got out of surgery 5 hours ago. They pushed it forward. No way was I missing this."
I hug him again, then mums and Isla.
Leah: "I am so proud of you Noah! My boy"
Mum has tears in her eyes.
Y/n: "my little star"
I look at Amelia. I pick her up and spin her around.
Amelia: "I'm so proud of you baby. I'm so proud."
I kiss her softly before hugging grandma.
Amanda: "my baby grandson. Scoring the winner for Arsenal."
Noah: "I thought you'd all missed it"
Leah: "no way. Mikel rung the hospital last night, got his surgery pushed forward and made sure we were here the whole time."
Noah: "he did?"
Y/n: "he did Noah"
I look at Mikel who has the biggest smile on his face. He calls me over for an interview with him.
Noah: "I'll be back"

I head over to him.
Mikel: "I'll be here the whole time"
I nod and grab a microphone.
Ian: "wow Noah, what a debut for you."
Noah: "I know I'm still in shock to be honest"
Ian: "you enjoy it out there today?"
Noah: "I've always been here as a fan, never as a player. So hearing the crowd cheering for me today is a dream come true for me and my family"
Ian: "Mikel, what made you bring Noah on?"
Mikel: "he has that raw talent you can't teach, he knows the pockets of space before they even open up. He knows their every move without even trying. He's just a great young player who has so much potential."
Ian: "what's it like Noah to have a manager who obviously believes in you so much?"
Noah: "I grew up with 3 of those people, my mums and my twin brother. Mikel has been great, he allowed me to prove what I can do today at such a crucial point in the season. And it payed off"
Ian: "it certainly did, it was a beautiful goal, your celebration, kissing the camera, who was that for?"
Noah: "my twin, he got injured yesterday and was supposed to be here today on the bench with me but he couldn't so yeah it was for him."
Ian: "got a set of star twins on your hands?"
Mikel: "once Lucas is fit in 9 months then he will have a spot waiting for him. Without a doubt."
Ian: "well thanks for that Noah, welcome to Arsenal."
Noah: "thanks Ian, see you later"
I run off from the interview and the crowd start chanting my name as I head towards the tunnel. I've never felt so alive.

I get to the changing room and the lads all spray me with their water bottles.
We head back to the training ground where the lads all get in their cars. Mama is waiting for me with Amelia.
Leah: "my darling boy"
She grabs me and hugs me tightly.
She grabs my face.
Leah: "I am so fucking proud of you! But don't tell your mum I swore"
Noah: "thanks mum. Couldn't have got here without you."
She hugs me again before she lets go and Amelia clings onto me. She hugs and kisses me.
Amelia: "your instagram has blown up in the past hour."
Noah: "I've not even looked at my phone."
I get my phone out, arsenal have tagged me in a photo.

(Imagine Emile is Noah) @arsenal: academy player to arsenals hero! Congrats on your debut and first goal @noahwilliamson! ❤️ #COYG

@arsenal: academy player to arsenals hero! Congrats on your debut and first goal @noahwilliamson! ❤️ #COYG

I look at my profile, I've gone up 100K followers.
Noah: "what the"
Leah: "you are a star now my boy"
Mama kisses my cheek and I get in the car.
We drop Amelia off home on the way. Her parents congratulate me, I kiss her goodnight and get back in the car to go home.

I walk in. Isla runs up and jumps on me.
Isla: "you're a star!"
I hug her back.
Lucas: "I knew you could do it."
Noah: "just wait until we are on that pitch together bro."
Lucas: "can't wait for it"
Y/n: "my baby boy"
Mum hugs me.
Y/n: "I'm so proud of you. Now get to bed, you have school tomorrow"
Noah: "okay, goodnight, love you all"
Lucas comes up a bit later, he knocks on my door.
Lucas: "you still awake?"
Noah: "yeah, how's the knee?"
Lucas: "it's okay."
Noah: "what's up?"
Lucas: "I just wanted to tell you I'm proud of you for going today. I know I wouldn't have been able to do it if this was you."
Noah: "I would have made you go. Like we say to eachother, we can't put our dreams on hold for the other."
Lucas: "I know, I'll be ready, and I'll be playing with you soon."
Noah: "I know you will bro, go get some sleep"
Lucas: "alright bro, night"
Noah: "night mate"

I find it hard to fall asleep. My brain is still spinning from today. My phone is blowing up. I turn it off so I can actually try and sleep. I'll need it for tomorrow at school.